Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

**someone please help**

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
im putting my stock supercharger pulley back on and this GD allen bolt somehow went from finger tight to superman on roids tight. the allen part is stripped out, not the threads.

it wouldnt be that difficult to remove other than the fact that i cant get the supercharger snout to stop spinning as im trying to loosen it. ive tried a strap wrench and cannon plug pliers on the snout. i obviously cant throw a pair of vice grips on the snout as that would damage it. i have to get this damn thing out. please somebody throw me an idea that i havnt tried

7D580547_zpsaf1db873.jpg

BCD3DA1A_zpsc3b23109.jpg

A2A69CA9_zps818b7274.jpg

autobodyX

Reaction score
clamp a set of vice grips on the bolt and strike with hammer to spin it fast so as to loosen it before it starts to turn if you do not have a air wrench or impact to use

Nick_c

Reaction score
I'd use a torq bit socket in the Allen hole. Then use an impact. I've done this countless times. Just get one a size bigger and tap it in with a hammer. It works I've also used torq bit as an ex out and they have never been defeated yet.

autobodyX

Reaction score
Alot of supercharger pulley bolts are left hand thread.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Take a piece of rubber or a leather belt rap around the snout then put on a pair of vice grips. use pliers on outside of bolt. I swapped my pulley three times and never run into these problems did you antiseeze the threads first??

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
C507707C_zps29e8453d.jpg

Take a piece of rubber or a leather belt rap around the snout then put on a pair of vice grips. use pliers on outside of bolt. I swapped my pulley three times and never run into these problems did you antiseeze the threads first??
the pulley puller i used was ****ing garbage from autozone. it f'd up the head of the bolt and tightened the crap out of it. **** autozone

Last edited:

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Bulldog, when you say youve swapped pullies, have you taken off the URD 2.8 pully? If so did it bend the fcuk out of it? Even with the good puller, the edges still bent in.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Bulldog, when you say youve swapped pullies, have you taken off the URD 2.8 pully? If so did it bend the fcuk out of it? Even with the good puller, the edges still bent in.

Yes the edges bend in, pully can still be used as the area on mine where the pulley bent doesn't effect the belt area and will still track fine. They do make specific pullers for the supercharger that have a plate that goes behind the pulley to prevent any damage to it.
http://www.pulleyboys.com/store/product.php?productid=44

Gadget

Reaction score
That puller will not work on the TRD supercharger.

You cannot get the horseshoe thing behind the pulley.

G

Bulldogger

Reaction score
That puller will not work on the TRD supercharger.

You cannot get the horseshoe thing behind the pulley.

G

Awhile back when I spoke to them they had different sized horseshoes for the back. That was a few years ago though

Top Bottom