Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

steering rack issue

lamia2super

Reaction score
looks like its leaking since i notice the steering has been a lighter/looser. im wondering about what options i have and if any included a better one? is rockauto remanufactured option the best option? no upgrades or anything yet to get better steering?

autobodyX

Reaction score
My red 06 leaked a little bit in the same place but never bad enough to change it.

tacomadre

Reaction score
replaced with worldpro remanufactured R&P with Energy poly bushing and Moog Tie rod Ends.
Do it all at once while your Rack is removed.
It's very well worth the upgrade.

autobodyX

Reaction score
If the rack was leaking from the ends out the dust boots the rack is worn out. If not something else is causing the loose feel. I have knocked the alignment out a few times, making the drive suck. My X doesn't like old tires either, especially old cold tires.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Well I know you burn through tires with all the track days autobodyx. The energy poly bushings for the rack are they worth it? I don't have any issues just curious as to what it does. As far as the looseness goes I would check everything to see if something else is the cause

Lynxshd

Reaction score
looks like its leaking since i notice the steering has been a lighter/looser. im wondering about what options i have and if any included a better one? is rockauto remanufactured option the best option? no upgrades or anything yet to get better steering?

Did you ever figure out was was causing the loosenes?

Top Bottom