Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stock radio system pictures (56k no)

XDsm

Reaction score
For those of you that have never seen the stock radio system out of the truck or those wanting stock radio reference pictures here they are.

We all know what the stock radio looks like.

Stockradio009.jpg

Back of Unit
Stockradio010.jpg

Stockradio011.jpg

Stock 6.5" speaker. Not much to look at. Paper cone and paper surround.

Stockradio004.jpg

Stockradio003.jpg

Stock 6x9 speaker. Once again paper cone and paper surround.

Stockradio006.jpg

Stockradio007.jpg

All the speakers are 4ohm and 20 watts.

Stockradio005.jpg

Magnets are very dinky on these speakers. Here's a quarter next to the magnet of the 6x9. The magnets are the same size on all the speakers.

Stockradio008.jpg

Well there you go. Hopefully this will be of help to somebody in the future. If not at least everyone knows now what the stock setup looks like:top:

XDsm

Reaction score
Not to mention they are so light in weight:ahhhhh:

Very much so! As in they weigh pretty much nothing.

Also to be noted missing are the front tweeters. They actually sound pretty good when amped:cool:

shift_n00b80

Reaction score
Very much so! As in they weigh pretty much nothing.

Also to be noted missing are the front tweeters. They actually sound pretty good when amped:cool:
so you run your stock tweeters to your amp?

lucke

Reaction score
great thread nigel... i've stickied this so it doesn't get lost

although, with the bass not turned up, the stock speakers actually sound pretty good. they sound much better than my roommates 03 accord ex v6, and he's go the premium sound too :p

XDsm

Reaction score
although, with the bass not turned up, the stock speakers actually sound pretty good. they sound much better than my roommates 03 accord ex v6, and he's go the premium sound too :p

Yea I was suprised on the speaker's wattage. Usually stock systems are in the 5-10watt range on standard speakers. As I stated before the stock tweeters are actually pretty decent sounding when amplified. I am getting some good clarity out of them.

Knight Runner

Reaction score
I just realized they are made by Panasonic. Made in Mexico though, it's as bad as China:laugh:

wshsbears

Reaction score
From this photo:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/transdsm/Stockradio010.jpg

The two plug spots on the right look like the typical wiring harness plugs Toyota uses. What are the ones on the left side in the photo and are they hooked up in all x-runners? :dontknow:

been a long time since i've messed with a stock one, but as far as i can remember, this is how it goes: (from left to right) speakers, not used, steering wheel controls, power/grnd/remote etc.

07XR808

Reaction score
Is it possible to wire an amp and set of subs to the stock deck?

Last edited:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score

AFP520

Reaction score

SuperSnipe

Reaction score
quick question can i install aftermarket speakers to my head unit

XDsm

Reaction score
quick question can i install aftermarket speakers to my head unit

Yes. You can either buy the plug adapters that will allow you to connect to the stock speaker plug connection or you can cut and splice. Although to get the most out of aftermarket speakers I recommend changing out the stock head unit.

SuperSnipe

Reaction score
i just recieved my eclipse speakers but i wont get the headunit until the end of the month so i was wondering

ill wait and do it all at one time **** it

lilboi735

Reaction score
What kind of amp,channel wise and power, do you need if you wanted to hook up a single sub and replacing all the stock speakers with aftermarket ones?

Top Bottom