Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stoner-x tablet update pics!

STONER-X

Reaction score
ok soooo im sure few are wondering what has happened on my tablet install.... been busy with work and other junk, but im squeezing in time here and there to get this thing done... since it is a little different from the ipad install i have had to really scratch my head at times to figure out how will i get this to all work and get other things like the ac knobs to fit back in... well here are my pics so far..

the dash piece is two parts.. the dash part and the tablet holder... the holder is attached by four screws with nuts on the back... it can be removed so there is access to the back side to connect things like wires or add USB connections or any other related items that need to be addressed on the back side with out having to remove the entire dash piece...

the tablet slides through the side on the passenger side.. it over hangs a little bit but not enough to block the a/c vent (i think it looks like it does in the pic)

once installed it is slightly angled towards the driver (AKA ME:biggrin:)

i plan to possibly add an external disc drive (i have one) for cd's or movies and adding any data... but not sure where im going to mount it....

i still need to do some dash work to finish it up and hide some gaps and yada yada yada.. im trying to not leave yall hanging and will keep more coming... the hard part is done and that was positioning the tablet straight and making access possible.. since this has a processor and internal hard drive there is a fan inside and all the vents are unblocked and fully functioning...

enjoy for now... :blurock:

Attachments

• IMG_0612[1].jpg
    IMG_0612[1].jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0614[1].jpg
    IMG_0614[1].jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0615[1].jpg
    IMG_0615[1].jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0616[1].jpg
    IMG_0616[1].jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0618[1].jpg
    IMG_0618[1].jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 189

STONER-X

Reaction score

oh ya also the tablet holder is going to be black and the rest will be CF wrap so when it is not in there you cant see behind and see all the mess!!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
looks like your off to a good start man! looking forward to the installed pics:top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
What are you splicing into for the power source?

Progress is coming along well man. :top:

hiflyer

Reaction score
Nice - I have a spare stock centre surround & am plannig on a iPad / Tablet mod eventually....

STONER-X

Reaction score
What are you splicing into for the power source?

Progress is coming along well man. :top:

im going to run a seperate power wire switched with a relay, then have a power inverter for the charger and other accessories that may need A/C power... the switch will be powered off the radio wire for same key on key off functions....

zr2ee

Reaction score
awesome lookin setup man , glad to see i'm not the only one gettin into this. can't wait to see it finished. is that an android tablet??

STONER-X

Reaction score
went to get some bondo with hair... but didnt see any..... im gonna have to go to an autoparts store.. tomorrow

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
good progress man, cant wait to see it all completed.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
very nice

Glad to see some progress, keep it up:top:

Toon714

Reaction score
looking nice bro!
u make me wanna sale my pioneer 920bt. and go buy a ipad2 and tell u to make me one! :rockon:
very nice and clean looking and carbon wrap would look clean! :top:

STONER-X

Reaction score
looking nice bro!
u make me wanna sale my pioneer 920bt. and go buy a ipad2 and tell u to make me one! :rockon:
very nice and clean looking and carbon wrap would look clean! :top:

we could make something happen...

STONER-X

Reaction score
Last edited:

Reaper13

Reaction score
I hate to re-up old threads but I've used your truck as inspiration for some stuff in my 05 Trd sport, dcsb, BSP. I'm thinking of trying the ole iPad install.

Top Bottom