Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stubby Antenna?

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
Ok so I see a lot of the x's on here that have the cool little stubby antennas but how well do they work? Is it a hassle for install? (I've seen some where you have to rewire the antenna to the back of the radio.) So I'm just trying to get a consensus about this because they previous owner of my X put on a medium length antenna and I wouldn't be able to pick a station if I was transmitting from inside the X. Thanks in advance..

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of doing th s2k antenna. It's not to bad if you got a dremel. But be sure your epoxy didn't bust in the container.... That's why mine is still not done.

gearhead899

Reaction score
I got mine from cravenspeed. just thread it on and done. reception is ok but I honestly don't use the radio much

Workman3886

Reaction score
I have a cravenspeed one, looks great, reception could definitely be better. The S2000 antenna mod looks good and gets pretty close to OEM reception. It just needs to be done right or you'll end up with a limp antenna like I had.

Brother Lu

Reaction score
Got mine from cravenspeed a couple of weeks ago,FM is fine but AM not so much.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I currently have the s2k antenna and get almost as good reception as oem and I also tried the eBay "stubby antenna" and reception was greatly diminish, you get what you pay for. For looks, the s2k antenna looked better! Although the eBay antenna on my Silverado was purchased from eBay and works great.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
I have an AMI 6" Black Billet Stubby Antenna and don't have any problems with reception (but I live in the city where the signals are strong...).

Jaxpiercer904

Reaction score
I have the TRD carbon fiber stubby, it looks cool but the reception kinda sucks, but I barely ever listen to the radio so it doesn't really matter

nine9six

Reaction score
+1 for the CravenSpeed Stubby. Quality product, great support and fast shipping.

You may lose some reception.

GR6RR

Reaction score
What ever you do, do not buy this one....

$(KGrHqZ,!jgFJsNn7TshBScvPk(74w~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-2-Black-S...fits=Model:Tacoma&hash=item51b4328e49&vxp=mtr

I still have it on my truck, reception sucks for the most part. I don't listen to the radio much... some times KOST 103.5 or 94.7 the wave. when I feel like driving calm and slow.

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
Haha that's the one that's on mine right now and it blows, I'll look into the s2k though.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Haha that's the one that's on mine right now and it blows, I'll look into the s2k though.

If you end up going this route, if you can find the spacers, pick up an extra one for me please or if you find one withe two in it, I would love split it with you, either way I have cash but searched all over Tucson and no luck

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
If you end up going this route, if you can find the spacers, pick up an extra one for me please or if you find one withe two in it, I would love split it with you, either way I have cash but searched all over Tucson and no luck

You can do it with out the spacers too. And the end product looks cleaner and more flush that the s2k mod with the spacers

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I have an s2k. What spacers are tall talking about? I didn't use spacers on mine

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Oh ok. I think I seen it before. But I just put the new bolt far up into the antenna so there is no space between the antenna and the base. And I get the same reception as with the stock antenna

hrspwr236

Reaction score
You can do it with out the spacers too. And the end product looks cleaner and more flush that the s2k mod with the spacers

I was trying to do the easy way considering everything else is done, stupid stealership was nice enough to take it off before they took it through the car wash I told them not to take it through!

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
So what's the difference between the cravenspeed one and the s2k? To me they look exactly the same.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
So what's the difference between the cravenspeed one and the s2k? To me they look exactly the same.

S2k is flexible with great reception-modification needed

Craven is solid with horrible reception-no modification needed

Top Bottom