Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The process of installing a URD MRK III S/C

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
This is going to be my write up process of installing the URD MRK III stage 1, stage 2 and stage 3 kit all in one shot! Will be taking photos of the process to show what it takes to install a S/C kit! Just Rec. the kit today excluding stage 2..that will be on its way here soon :rockon: I'm just doing it my way, when others may take a different approach!

P.S. I will be posting photos soon:burnout2:
Rob

X-roller

Reaction score
that gsxr is going to feel a lot slower once you go stage 3... :laugh: good luck man! welcome to the dark side

Gadget

Reaction score
Take a picture of the air filter box for Werty.

G

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
Hey Gadget,

Really thanks for the kit, I appreciate it very much. I will up load the photo for Werty, both top n bottom! Funny thing was, when I open the box I saw the box and thought that was the top of it...I put it back in the package, then I read the thread here and u mention to take photo for Werty and I was thinking :hmmmm2: and I looked at it again and said wow:adore:Awesome, looks tight!

Thanks X-roller... the bike is a high 10 sec 1/4 mile.. so far nothing i have is going to beat it...plus im a pretty light person, so that makes it even faster! lol

Thanks TORSPD, i appreciate the giff photo......im glad i do not look like him! lmao:giggity::giggity:

Yeah, about up loading photos, well i never uploaded this way so im on here looking at the thread about. How to up load photos the web way...so im working on it now should be up in a few!

Rob

WallasX

Reaction score
Just upload to Photobucket and paste the links in your thread

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
Hey jeff, appreciate that...i'm trying, dam internet slow. to up load here! i had to create account with photobuck, then load pics there.. taking some time though!

No problem Whitebeauty...Hey what part of south Fl u from? if u don't mind me asking!...im orignaly from west palm beach, but i'm up here in s.c. with my pops!

Rob

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
Ok, heres some of the photos.. 1st thing take photo of all the goodies!
IMAG0040.jpg

2nd should be posted URD Sticker on X-Runner after washing
IMAG0045.jpg

This photo for Werty!:rockon:
IMAG0043.jpg

2nd photo for Werty!:top:
IMAG0044.jpg

3rd take photo of the X!:rockon:
IMAG00381.jpg

ok so thats all for now. Next I will in stall the short URD shifter, next the URD flexpod for the gauges. next installing the intercooler in its rightful place. But, before anything is installed I will have the truck dyno'ed tomorrow!:giggity::giggity:

Rob....scouts out

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
ok thats cool! I was station in fort sill Ok. for 4 yrs with my X and im finaly coming back home to work at a Acura dealer ship here...woohoo! i talk to the boss for me to work there for a yr before i go to school soo they can help pay for the rest of the school! well there goes my chance for school at the begining! Well at least i will be able to pay off what I just bought from URD!

Rob

Good to see another 19d hangin round these parts

Hey outlaw 7, yeah its been a long time since i was a scout! i was a 19d from 96-00...got out for 8 yrs came back in as a 13m, now getting back out again! lovely times i had... and did a tour in afghanistan part of last yr and this year!

Rob...scouts out.....Rockets all the way:atomic:

Last edited:

outlaw7

Reaction score
I was a 13f from 00-03 then 19d from 03-05. First cav the whole time.
IMG_20110415_174340.jpg

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
Like your set up, looks tight...Thats cool about 1st Cav. I was in 4th ID, 1/10 Cav from 97-00. I had a couple of Buddies of mine in 1st Cav. from my time period, from basic training to fort hood 1st place i went to was Korea right off the bat!...drank my ass off there..there u only needed to be 20yrs old! i was 23 then...now i don't drink at all..wierd... but at least i was able to save the money i needed to buy my URD S/C! all the stuff i orderd is over $8 g's!

Rob....Scouts Out, Deeds Alone.....Rockets all the way:atomic:

Hey Gadget,

I see that you don't put in the valve cover gasket or the Intake Air Surge tank (aka intake) gasket...i got mine for a little over $54 bucks...I know theres a little difference in some models.. but that would also be a good add on to the kit...due to some motors got some milage on them. As a tech, i would do them just in case u start getting leaks... i hate to go back in there just for a gasket! Just a sugestion!

Rob...Scouts Out, Deeds Alone.....Rockets all the way:atomic:

Last edited:

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
well so far from getting my stuff, i have dyno the truck, got home put it on the lift, installed fuel pump...wow......installed urd shifter kit, work all threw the night installed cam gears, button that up, worked on the thermostat adapter kit. installed injectors got harnes together. installed the stage 3, fuel reg. adapter. so ****eing tired right now... but im on a roll not giving up...looks like im kicking past 36 hours soon! dam that:vroam:

P.S. when i get all done, i will be posting the pics of the process
Rob

outlaw7

Reaction score
Damn. Hard work pays off, cant wait to see some pics.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need some Gasoline. ;)

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So what were the numbers of your dyno?

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
IMAG0072.jpg

this is the 1st run out of three. with a/c on so far this is all i have..there dam printer stop working:motz:
IMAG0073.jpg

rob...80% done with the build monday the stage 2 gets here! will be complete on all stages...hell yeah:rockon:

Man thats gotta be fun!!!

ah, it is after putting 30 hrs of labor of mine... man it sucks ass when ur dead tired, you get slower! aaahhhhh

rob....ready to pass out right now

hey gadget i just saw u pop on, hey thanks for the stuff...i just rec. the gauge!

Rob

Hey gadget, i'm having issue with the banjo fittings....the 3/8 hose is a little to big... there not holding with the clamps...but the 5/16 hose is good.. so i moved them around and still same thing!

Rob

Last edited:
Top Bottom