Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trd supercharger questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadget

Reaction score
Well don't stop there. Factor in the stage III system.

Gadget

ntinhri

Reaction score
Well... if you want to break it down.

Here are the facts, based on Gadget's personally built & tuned truck (actual street results have not been seen), and as close to equivalent as we can get.

Stage I = Supercharger, Intake, Fuel Pump, X-1
TRD setup equivalent to the the URD Stage I
TRD S/C - $3500
TRD CAI - $350
X-1 - $1300
Fuel Pump - $170
TRD Stage I - $5320 - 328rwhp (6psi - ABP) - $16.22/hp
URD Stage I - $5895 - 337rwhp (7psi) - $17.49/hp

Stage II = Stage I + Pulley, Headers, Y-Pipe, Exhaust
Y-Pipe = $469
CBE = $529
DTLT = $514
TRD Pulley = $89
URD Pulley = $79
TRD Stage II - $6921 - 351rwhp (8psi - Dakota-rt-2a-xr) - $19.72/hp
URD Stage II - $7486 - 380rwhp (8.5psi) - $19.70/hp

*note prices do not include shipping

dare to compare the stage III

Gadget

Reaction score
Come on, sharpen your pencil and recompute.

Another 40 RWHP for $79 more for the Stage III.

I am not good at math, but I think things start looking a little better on the HP/$ ratio.

URD is thinking of announcing a trade in program to allow you to trade in your TRD Superchargers for a new URD MKII System. We will also have a calibration file so you can run our system on your TRD reflashed ECU.

G

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I will just spray a ton of nitrous and destroy all of you and myself.

No survivors.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Well don't stop there. Factor in the stage III system.

Gadget

dare to compare the stage III

We have nothing but assumptions for a TRD stage III. But for the sake of entertainment. Supposing the put the NST lower pulley as the Stage III pulley for the TRD. Say it sells for the regular NST price of $160 for 2psi of boost. I've seen 30-40hp gain from 2psi of boost. That paired with a race tune on race fuel (as the Stage III kit was done). Say you only advance 2.5* timing advance at about 4hp per degree, so an extra 10hp. Call it an 45rwhp gain.

Stage III = Stage II + Pulley, Race Tune, Grill for URD
NST Pulley kit ~ $160
URD Pulley = $79
Grill - $140

TRD Stage III ~ $7081 ~ 396rwhp (10psi) - $17.88/hp
URD Stage II - $7705 - 422rwhp (8.5psi) - $18.26/hp

ntinhri

Reaction score
We have nothing but assumptions for a TRD stage III. But for the sake of entertainment. Supposing the put the NST lower pulley as the Stage III pulley for the TRD. Say it sells for the regular NST price of $160 for 2psi of boost. I've seen 30-40hp gain from 2psi of boost. That paired with a race tune on race fuel. Say you only advance 2.5* timing advance at about 4hp per degree, so an extra 10hp. Call it an 45rwhp gain.

Stage III = Stage II + Pulley, Race Tune
NST Pulley kit ~ $160
URD Pulley = $79

TRD Stage III ~ $7081 ~ 396rwhp (10psi) - $17.88/hp
URD Stage II - $7565 - 422rwhp (8.5psi) - $17.92/hp

I think you could use my truck as a TRD stage 3... it doenst matter to me either way.. I would just suggest URD.. IMO

WCD

Reaction score
FYI TRD in the current setup is not carb. smog cert. def not if you do a intake..

True, so you factor in a half hour to swap intakes, then smog it, then put the cold air back on. Way less time than doing an R&R on the entire supercharger.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
You_win_the_prize.jpg

got%20nos.gif

Last edited:

dmbfan73

Reaction score
thanks guys for answering alot of my questions about this, but i still have one...
should i get the x-1 before i get the trd s/c? and does anyone know the performance gains?

XrunnIT

Reaction score
thanks guys for answering alot of my questions about this, but i still have one...
should i get the x-1 before i get the trd s/c? and does anyone know the performance gains?

Jaxchrisfla (n/a) was tuned (URD MAF Cal), switched over the X-1 and retuned, and gained like 12rwhp and something around 30lbs of torque.

Those were the gains from an N/A bolt on truck that was already tuned. So an untuned truck would in theory see even more.

As far as Blower vs X-1.. if you get the X-1 first, then you don't need the TRD flash. If you get the blower first, then you should get the flash if you don't plan on getting the X-1 for a while

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score

You dont have to, it depends on how much you want to spend initially brother.

You can pick up the TRD charger for 3,000 bucks or less.

Throw it on yourself, and get the flash done for 50-80 bucks.

You wont need the X1 right away.

The gains with X1 and the supercharger are around 30 HP.

We can hook you up with an X1 if you want one, so can gadget.

005.jpg

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
I will just spray a ton of nitrous and destroy all of you and myself.

No survivors.

No survivors, that is the main issue for sure....

Yea, nitrous is the cheapest power gain going.

If you are going nitrous, why bother installing a supercharger? Just shoot it and hang on...

How is your truck running with that nitrous system of yours?

G

If you are sure you are going to get the X-1 for your engine management, you may want to get it first. That way you will not need to get the reflash and that will allow you to remove the TRD Supercharger if you decide to sell it or trade it in. Remember there is no "back" flash. Once you do the TRD reflash you are stuck with it unless you buy a new ECU.

Gadget

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
No survivors, that is the main issue for sure....

Yea, nitrous is the cheapest power gain going.

If you are going nitrous, why bother installing a supercharger? Just shoot it and hang on...

How is your truck running with that nitrous system of yours?

G

Still awaiting on certain components to begin testing of the setup.

They are out of the ordinary so aren't very readily available.

Hope to have everything by the end of the week or early next!

Why!? Because boost + nitrous = OWNED :driver:!!!!!!!

Because roots blowers love boiling nitrous!

Super Werty

Reaction score
URD is thinking of announcing a trade in program to allow you to trade in your TRD Superchargers for a new URD MKII System. We will also have a calibration file so you can run our system on your TRD reflashed ECU.

G

You are awesome. Please tell me this will happen.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

rat7761

Reaction score
dmbfan73, since you don't want to tune, I'd just get the TRD blower with the TRD reflash and be done with it. I'm untuned and the truck runs great. I can't justify spending $1,000+ for an X-1. I'd rather get a 255 Walbro fuel pump and an NOS single fogger...which may be in the works.....wanna go 12s....on slicks...See my thread elsewhere.

I see you don't have headers and an aftermarket Y-pipe. Those would supplement your TRD S/C well and are easy to install.

Last edited:

dmbfan73

Reaction score
dmbfan73, since you don't want to tune, I'd just get the TRD blower with the TRD reflash and be done with it. I'm untuned and the truck runs great. I can't justify spending $1,000+ for an X-1. I'd rather get a 255 Walbro fuel pump and an NOS single fogger...which may be in the works.....wanna go 12s....on slicks...See my thread elsewhere.

I see you don't have headers and an aftermarket Y-pipe. Those would supplement your TRD S/C well and are easy to install.
its not that i dont want to tune, its just that my x is my daily driver. just looking for a little more "get up and go" is all, just dont want to spend 5 or 6 grand to do it. i've only been a member here since late september and i love doing mods on my x. just trying to get the most bang for my buck. I'm gratefull that so many people have helped me out here with the different mods and such. rock on!

WrecKaGeJPX

Reaction score
my truck is a daily driver also. lookin for that peppy get up and go and the ability to smoke faster sports cars. i want my x to be intimidating and be able to prove it. im getting the reflash done and then saving for the x1 cause i know for a fact that i am not selling the truck or the blower once i have it on there.

nice way of computing all the numbers Jason :top:

disciple X

Reaction score
the x is my daily driver too.... for that matter, it's my only ride!!! i have the URD S/C and love it. I bought the old kit used and worked like a trojan to get it installed in one weekend.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
its not that i dont want to tune, its just that my x is my daily driver. just looking for a little more "get up and go" is all, just dont want to spend 5 or 6 grand to do it. i've only been a member here since late september and i love doing mods on my x. just trying to get the most bang for my buck. I'm gratefull that so many people have helped me out here with the different mods and such. rock on!

Just pick up the blower for 3K, get the flash done, and be done with it.

You will be very happy as it stands brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom