Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSB: Bent Rear Tail Gate '05-'08

Matt's06

Reaction score
Toyota has released a TSB for the weak tailgates. The TSB # is BO004-07. The bulletin adds two reinforcing bars under the top edge of the tailgate.

EDIT: The above TSB has been changed to BO018-07 and is no longer valid. I have updated the file attachments with the NEW TSB
:top:

Attachments

• 1 (Large).JPG
    1 (Large).JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 683
  • 2 (Large).JPG
    2 (Large).JPG
    40 KB · Views: 512
  • 3 (Large).JPG
    3 (Large).JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 662
  • 4 (Large).JPG
    4 (Large).JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 488
Last edited by a moderator:

project-c2

Reaction score
Finally. I should just leave my T/G alone and take it in like that. :top:

project-c2

Reaction score
Doesn't look like they pay for a new tailgate. Just install supports into a new one that you purchase. I'll try and take mine in and see what they say. If not, I'll order the reinforcment plates myself and install them. LOL

Matt's06

Reaction score
Doesn't look like they pay for a new tailgate. Just install supports into a new one that you purchase. I'll try and take mine in and see what they say. If not, I'll order the reinforcment plates myself and install them. LOL
let us know how much the parts cost.

project-c2

Reaction score
I know the tailgate wholesale is 451 ish and thats just the metal part. I will let you guys know though.

DOGO X

Reaction score
I did my own reinforcement :biggrin:

but the T/G weight a bit more

I install three 1 1/4 inch square tube on the inside and have no issue at all now loading the bikes :rock:

project-c2

Reaction score
I did my own reinforcement :biggrin:

but the T/G weight a bit more

I install three 1 1/4 inch square tube on the inside and have no issue at all now loading the bikes :rock:
That's pretty much what they are doing, except using flat bar stock. I printed a copy of the TSB and took it to work and everybody agreed from what they read that the TG will be coverd under the 36/36K warranty. :CROSSING FINGERS:

CBRBob

Reaction score
Printed out the TSB, walked into parts dept. They looked it up and said it has to go through service. Hmm, ok. I go to service, writer looks at the TSB, asks whats wrong with the gate. I said there is a TSB, just do it. She says there has to be something wrong. I said yes there is. I want to know who here I need to send the bill to when my 11K motorcycle hits the ground because my dealer didn't want to do a $50 TSB. She said there ya go! Wrote up an order, searched the vin, said the parts will be in. 3 days later they call say parts are in. I tell them I will pick them up, they said if I want to pay for them sure, if they do it, it's free. I said ok, I will next week and I will wait for it. So it seems they are doing ok by me. We shall see.

07xrunner

Reaction score
Printed out the TSB, walked into parts dept. They looked it up and said it has to go through service. Hmm, ok. I go to service, writer looks at the TSB, asks whats wrong with the gate. I said there is a TSB, just do it. She says there has to be something wrong. I said yes there is. I want to know who here I need to send the bill to when my 11K motorcycle hits the ground because my dealer didn't want to do a $50 TSB. She said there ya go! Wrote up an order, searched the vin, said the parts will be in. 3 days later they call say parts are in. I tell them I will pick them up, they said if I want to pay for them sure, if they do it, it's free. I said ok, I will next week and I will wait for it. So it seems they are doing ok by me. We shall see.
lol yep thats how you do it :laugh: take no bs off of them :laugh:

Spyder327

Reaction score

lol no offense man, but i woulda told you to go to hell if you walked in and talked like that to me. all of what that service writer told you is true.

i am glad it's getting fixed though. :smile:

CBRBob

Reaction score
lol no offense man, but i woulda told you to go to hell if you walked in and talked like that to me. all of what that service writer told you is true.
i am glad it's getting fixed though. :smile:

They could have told me to go to hell. Then I would ask to whom does my lawyer send the papers to?

Spyder327

Reaction score
They could have told me to go to hell. Then I would ask to whom does my lawyer send the papers to?

lol, then someone informs you that TSB's are not recalls, and they are NOT required to do them unless they see fit to.

I'm not trying to be an ass or argue or anything, just saying.

project-c2

Reaction score
I want to know who here I need to send the bill to when my 11K motorcycle hits the ground because my dealer didn't want to do a $50 TSB.
Go to hell! and take your bike with you. LOL:motz: Only kidding. :wink:

I think I'll go try that too. Mine might be easier, cause my bike did fall on the tailgate, dented it and then fell to the ground for real. :biggrin:

CBRBob

Reaction score
Had a 10am appt. today to get the TSB done, I told them I would wait when I made the appt. I got there 5 mins early. They got the vehicle info and I sat in the waiting room, read a motorcycle magazine. About 10:45 I walked around the showroom for a while, peeked through the window and saw the truck being worked on. About 11:05 the svc. writer said he is finishing up and it should just be a few mins to get the paperwork done. 11:15 I was on my way home. No scratches or dents etc. from the work and all in all, a thumbs up on the service. James Toyota in Flemington, NJ.

DOGO X

Reaction score
Had a 10am appt. today to get the TSB done, I told them I would wait when I made the appt. I got there 5 mins early. They got the vehicle info and I sat in the waiting room, read a motorcycle magazine. About 10:45 I walked around the showroom for a while, peeked through the window and saw the truck being worked on. About 11:05 the svc. writer said he is finishing up and it should just be a few mins to get the paperwork done. 11:15 I was on my way home. No scratches or dents etc. from the work and all in all, a thumbs up on the service. James Toyota in Flemington, NJ.

I'm glad for you! :top:

mine is long gone and there is no point taking it to the dealer. Unless they replace the tailgate instead

Last edited:

stretch200

Reaction score
yes it does. Mine did the same thing and I went it to the dealer. The parts are ordered now and I'm just waiting for them to get in. They are giving me a whole new tailgate.

elitecloud

Reaction score
should i print out the TSB? What should i say when i go there, should i be all pissey or be like hi i'd like you to fix my truck please, thanks!

CBRBob

Reaction score
Print it out, hand it to them. IF they ask what the problem is, tell them you see the gate bending when you load EXPENSIVE things in the bed. If they protest, ask them to call Toyota USA.

Top Bottom