Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSB: Deck Side Panel Rattle '05-'07

morcheez

Reaction score
hate to bring this one out of the dust but after blazin x informed me my bedside was rattling while he was riding next to me i decided to check it out....turns out its cracked like a mofo...toyota is already getting my truck for a day and a half to redo my clutch pedal because apparently the asshat that did it the first time did it wrong...oh and i need to get the windshield fixed to ...might just let them have it for the week haha...they are going to love me there :rock:

05runner

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons i love being an aircraft mechanic. FREE metal, aluminum, bolts all that. Plus tools. Well after reading this post from the beginning and looking at the views of how toyota fixes the problem. I decided to fabricate my own bracket. It turned out well. The measurements were dead on. The only thing i did different was instead of putting a twist in the middle to get the bracket to line up with an existing bolt hole i had an open slot down there so i got a bolt and some washers and made my bracket straight across. Sorry the pics are dark its cuz the sun was goin down when i took the pics.
bracket2.jpg

bracket1.jpg
:top:

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
wow this is so funny... i started hearing a noise and couldn't find it for the life of me, so i finally got under the truck and just started hitting things. sure enough it was on the right side and was that same crack. how weird that it does that thought right? But i stopped it by just bending it a bit more. i didnt really care since the body kit covers it up...

Stevenredx

Reaction score
wow this is so funny... i started hearing a noise and couldn't find it for the life of me, so i finally got under the truck and just started hitting things. sure enough it was on the right side and was that same crack. how weird that it does that thought right? But i stopped it by just bending it a bit more. i didnt really care since the body kit covers it up...

Just remember, getting the TSB done also replaces the rear finder flares :wink:

firetuner911

Reaction score
this sounds like the perfect opportunity to get the stone chip issue fixed cause i dont think mine is cracked....hhhhmmm i might just do the BHLM today...:biggrin:

06XR

Reaction score
What if it isn't cracked (yet) would they still install the reinforcements and replace the chipped flares:) or should i just wait till it cracks to mention it?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
What if it isn't cracked (yet) would they still install the reinforcements and replace the chipped flares:) or should i just wait till it cracks to mention it?

There not suppose to complete the TSB unless the fenders are cracked.... This is stupid since we know that they will eventually crack so why not go ahead and complete the TSB so it doesn't happen at all. Some dealers will look at it that way and go ahead and do it and others will go by the book and not honor it till they're cracked.

morcheez

Reaction score

i suppose if u were really desperate u could go grab the body kit and flex the crap out of it about 1000 times and some cracks may appear...but if yours arent really flimsy to begin with i wouldnt worry about it much...mine flapped like a mofo :thumpdown:

TacoInvader

Reaction score
Good news! I went into the local toyota dealer for this yesterday to have them check it out and it's going to get fixed! :top: They have to order the parts but I can't wait! No more chipped fender flairs. They had gotten really bad too. I will have them put on some 3M tape to keep it from happening again. :biggrin:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Good news! I went into the local toyota dealer for this yesterday to have them check it out and it's going to get fixed! :top: They have to order the parts but I can't wait! No more chipped fender flairs. They had gotten really bad too. I will have them put on some 3M tape to keep it from happening again. :biggrin:

I think thats the best thing about this TSB.... New chip free flares :rock:

TRD Street

Reaction score
The TSB does not cover NEWER tacomas though! Only ones manufactured 2004-2005.:dontknow:

LOW AND BLOWN

Reaction score
Well just had this TSB done and man what a difference in stiffness my lower side panels have! Plus new unchipped and now cover in rock guard side flares:top:.If anyone needs new flares check to see if the sides are cracking and use this TSB to get new flares:top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Well just had this TSB done and man what a difference in stiffness my lower side panels have! Plus new unchipped and now cover in rock guard side flares:top:.If anyone needs new flares check to see if the sides are cracking and use this TSB to get new flares:top:

Thats the best part about this TSB... thats why i bitched so much to have them do it to my truck... :laugh:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
I just had that done! No more stone chips YAYYYYY!!!!!!!! Took them three days to it though.

micpun

Reaction score
Update: I just got my truck back from Toyota last Saturday, The work they did is great and they even fixed some other problems I had at no cost. The design they came up with the strengthen the rear quarter seems to work great. I dont really see the need at this point for anything other than what they have done to fix it. Of course I might be singing a different tune if it happens again in 6 months. Anyways, I highly recommend taking your truck in and having this done, for guys in Houston I got the done at Don Mcgill out in Katy. Good luck to the rest of you

Josh

Hey Josh were you over 36k or still under it?

XPC_XR

Reaction score
So I had mine fixed like a year ago or something like that and the right side is cracked AGAIN! Im kinda annoyed since I hate driving the 15min to the dealer (its opposite from work and school so I NEVER pass that area).

Will I have to bitch alot to get them to re-fix it?:thumpdown:

XRUNX

Reaction score
my passanger side has that squeak i just do the wd 40 mod lol

05 X

Reaction score
Has anyone heard if a TSB is honored under the Extended Warranty? I have 26,000 miles after almost 4 years.

Top Bottom