Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSB: Oil Leak From Front Timing Cover '05-'08

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
Thought I would add this to the list of TSBs, mine leaked at 1000 miles and we have done a lot of these on the 1GR-FE for the timing chain cover leak, the leak will start on the passenger side of the motor around the power steering pump between the timing cover and engine block.

ADMIN EDIT: added new TSB pages

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,365
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,267
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 991
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,164
Last edited by a moderator:

Tapp

Reaction score
yeap..mine just started...going in tomm. to get it taken care of...

Thanks ArkansasX for the heads up on it/as well as Glen from TTC for pointing it out to me..:top:

ntinhri

Reaction score
yeap..mine just started...going in tomm. to get it taken care of...

Thanks ArkansasX for the heads up on it/as well as Glen from TTC for pointing it out to me..:top:

anyone else you want to thank? your mom, dad, your hot wife, your dog, ect???lol

Now I need to check for this leak!!

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
id like to thank the academy, all my friends, and all those who i dont know and have nothing to do with this

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I just found this yesterday. I will have it looked at the next time its in :top:

Justin

eltus

Reaction score
good stuff. that will be something to keep in mind when I get back!

jimx

Reaction score
will the toyota extended warranty cover this? mine started leaking after the nst pully installed.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Just had my X checked by the dealer and they confirmed my leak was covered by this TSB.

I have to go back in next Monday for them to pull the motor and fix it! :thumpdown:

At least they'll give me a loaner while it's being done.

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
I wish I was still under warranty to get this covered.

Generation-X

Reaction score
Anyone have an actual shot of where this leak is supposed to be at. Mine is leaking from near there and would be awesome if its related lol

Found a pic of the cover. Mines leaking from near where the curve is to the left of the cover?
04.png

Last edited:

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
the leak starts where the PS pump mounts to the block, its too tight and causes the TC cover to be pryed away from the block, its retarted that TOYOTA mech dont fix the problem instead of the issue. they fix the leak but not what causes it. the TSB says nothing about replacing the PS pump or milling the bracket. :thumbdown:

tccover.png

red - issue with why it leaks, top bolt location needs to be about 1/16 thinner
blue - where the leak accurs.

Last edited by a moderator:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
No pics, but the TSB say it's "where Bank 1 cylinder head, engine block, and timing cover meet."
When facing your engine, it's on your left (passenger side). See the diagram on page 4 of the TSB in the first post.

Mine was grimy behind and below the pulley on the vane pump assembly. If you crawn under your truck, you can look up and see how dirty it is up there!

Don't know if I can get a good shot of it, but I'll try...

Edit:

Front Top View:
Front_Top_View.jpg

Bottom Side View:
Bottom_Side_View.jpg

Last edited:

Generation-X

Reaction score
Yep thanks guys. Thats where my issue is too. Guess im needing a call to the dealership tom and maybe even a rental vehicle, ill ask for something sporty if I can get it LOL

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
The TBS says the repair is covered under the Toyota Powertrain Warranty (60 months or 60,000 miles). Don't know if extended warranty covers it. Good luck! :top:

Generation-X

Reaction score
Mine hasnt topped 60K yet so im hoping to get in soon. Still at like 58k

Top Bottom