Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ucon ems

Kyouto42

Reaction score
My supercharger and truck are getting lonely being separated :/

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Imagine if it was on, and you couldn't boost......... o_O

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Come on I need a rough idea when this UCON will be ready for 09+ I'm buying a truck soon and need to decide if I'm going 08 or newer.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Come on I need a rough idea when this UCON will be ready for 09+ I'm buying a truck soon and need to decide if I'm going 08 or newer.

See I differ from butters, I wouldn't shy away from buying newer! The uncon is only out for 05-08(4 model years) but with 09-12(4 model years also) out there that isn't compatable had got to be hurting URD's bottom line since the kit only works with half the market right now. I am sure URD is doing ecerything to get the 09+ out there. With that said I don't for see it taking too much longer. Think about it this way the previous clips were released in what 07 that took 3 model years to be developed, it's now 12, 3 model years later.... I don't think it will be much longer....

Bottom line I would hate to see you loose out ona good deal for an 09+ compared to buying an 08

Reaction score
Future resale value and mileage will give you a better return..... be patient I have an 09 and been waiting I have satellite radio vvti and rear view camera are 3 things of the top of my head rss and vsc Gadget will come thru just wait,... Or wait to see Dan Marinos # 13 Lucky 13 290 hp stock X,,, electric heated seats Home link,shark fin antenna,better sleeves on block,more insulation in cab,upgrade to premium Bose sound system (10) speakers,navigation, upgraded 8 speed transmission wider tires I think this one is in the 40k range wow it doesn`t hurt to dream :eviltongue:

Gadget

Reaction score
Just a little update.

All the parts for the UCON-EMS kits are here and have been here for a while.

Still need to test the cal out in the TRD Supercharger 425 non-reflash.

Need to tweak the acceleration enrichment function. Saw a couple of test trucks with a slight hesitation on shifting. I am able to reproduce that in my XRunner and I hope to finish that tonight.

My plate is very full. Moving URD to a bigger facility and that is taking way more time than I planned for. Guess I was a little ignorant on what would be involved in getting the new space ready.

We are hoping to be able to start taking orders in the first week in March.

Road testing of the V8 version should start then also and the 4 cylinder version will follow. That will cover some of the Scion cars with the same ECU layout as the original 1GR.

G

ntinhri

Reaction score
Just a little update.

All the parts for the UCON-EMS kits are here and have been here for a while.

Still need to test the cal out in the TRD Supercharger 425 non-reflash.

Need to tweak the acceleration enrichment function. Saw a couple of test trucks with a slight hesitation on shifting. I am able to reproduce that in my XRunner and I hope to finish that tonight.

My plate is very full. Moving URD to a bigger facility and that is taking way more time than I planned for. Guess I was a little ignorant on what would be involved in getting the new space ready.

We are hoping to be able to start taking orders in the first week in March.

Road testing of the V8 version should start then also and the 4 cylinder version will follow. That will cover some of the Scion cars with the same ECU layout as the original 1GR.

G

I know of a 5.7 s/c tundra thats not that far away.. Still holding off installing my maf cal... Just say the work, Ill meet you mid week if you want. :blurock:

Gadget

Reaction score
The 5.7 version, code named Ethos, is progressing nicely.

That will be a three board design. One board is done and in inventory. The second board is designed and out for bid now. One component on that board has a long lead time and we are trying to find some surplus inventory somewhere so we can get that into production right away. The final board is very simple and will not be hard to do at all.

The 5.7 is going to be the hardest to do so far because of the way the stock ECU is mounted in the firewall.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
See I differ from butters, I wouldn't shy away from buying newer! The uncon is only out for 05-08(4 model years) but with 09-12(4 model years also) out there that isn't compatable had got to be hurting URD's bottom line since the kit only works with half the market right now. I am sure URD is doing ecerything to get the 09+ out there. With that said I don't for see it taking too much longer. Think about it this way the previous clips were released in what 07 that took 3 model years to be developed, it's now 12, 3 model years later.... I don't think it will be much longer....

Bottom line I would hate to see you loose out ona good deal for an 09+ compared to buying an 08

Also keep this in mind. UniChip has had a plug n play harness out for the '09 plus for a while now. Quite a few years actually. The problem is, that those specific plugs are basically under proprietary control.

Toyota doesn't want to release them, and neither does UniChip. What that means, is if you want them, you have to make your own, or find a used ecu to cut them off of.

Murderface

Reaction score
u could always hardwire the unit in? Didn't Toons get his Pro EFI hard wired into the ECU?

Toon714

Reaction score
u could always hardwire the unit in? Didn't Toons get his Pro EFI hard wired into the ECU?

Yes sir. I had to hardwire the pro efi into my truck.
I believe im the 1st 09+ with a stand alone ems. :)

Reaction score
Ok Gadget, I guess if I want to tune or E85 I`ll have to hard wire it in...... I just wanted to click in, what ever I`ll take one of those and solder it in. :laugh:

Kyouto42

Reaction score
That's good news to hear on the progress! Can't wait until it's available for my '10 with the TRD blower so I can start boost'n my 4x4.

Top Bottom