Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ucon ems

Gadget

Reaction score
You will find that the first cold start of the day takes a tad longer to start. This is the UCON syncing to the stock ECU. Hot starts should be much faster.

G

TRON

Reaction score
Is there any remedy in the works for this longer start due to the ucon?

Ccaruolo

Reaction score
any progress being made on the 09+ PNP harness so we can run the UCON

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Is there any remedy in the works for this longer start due to the ucon?

Im still baffled that this even bothers any of you guys. If the truck runs perfect the rest of the time, who cares if it takes two extra revolutions of the engine to fire up. :rolleyez:

Murderface

Reaction score
True^^^, I just do what I told u Kevin......but seems I don't need to anymore

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
True^^^, I just do what I told u Kevin......but seems I don't need to anymore

Extra time for start up (2 or so extra cranks) ~ 1.5 seconds. I'd much rather just to crank it and wait the extra second, then key on, wait some 'x' amount of time, then start. :top:

Toon714

Reaction score
My proEFI did the same thing for about a month after I got it tuned.
Now it went away. I think the cpu gotta relearn it....

I bet the ucon will do the same after u drive in it for a lil bit.

dramad1

Reaction score
My truck just sputtered and shut down. I'm now stranded on the side of the road. Check engine light is on. Truck will start then just die. Is the ucon in protection mode

rennurx

Reaction score
Do u have a way to see the code?

Check all the basics, vacuum lines, maf, see if anything ''fell'' off..

My air filter came off once.. left me sitting till I decided to check under the hood and seen it was off..

dramad1

Reaction score
Do u have a way to see the code?

Check all the basics, vacuum lines, maf, see if anything ''fell'' off..

My air filter came off once.. left me sitting till I decided to check under the hood and seen it was off..

All the basics look fine. Disconnected the maf and reconnected. Still truck will start then just die. Maybe the maf sensor is wet, it has been raining for like three days. I also disconnected the battery then reconnected and nothing.

Gadget

Reaction score
Did you think about calling URD Tech Support?

877-887-3872 x3

G

dramad1

Reaction score
Did you think about calling URD Tech Support?

877-887-3872 x3

G

I'm gonna give you a call in a bit. Dealing with the tow truck and picking my kids up from school. Thanks g

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
All the basics look fine. Disconnected the maf and reconnected. Still truck will start then just die. Maybe the maf sensor is wet, it has been raining for like three days. I also disconnected the battery then reconnected and nothing.

Check the efi fuse. My truck wouldn't start, my efi fuse was unplugged...the trd blower has a jumper wire off it, and it was unplugged.....lol

Good luck sir. Call gadget, if you need some assistance hmu too!

dramad1

Reaction score
Check the efi fuse. My truck wouldn't start, my efi fuse was unplugged...the trd blower has a jumper wire off it, and it was unplugged.....lol

Good luck sir. Call gadget, if you need some assistance hmu too!

I just checked the fuses and they are plugged in just fine.
Gotta take the mini van to get my boys then deal with this remodel job after all that ill be giving g a call.
It cranks and turns over but only stays running for a few seconds then turns off. No leaks, all is plugged in that I can see, battery is good, I can hear the fuel pump turn on. I need a scan tool to see wtf. I checked the ucon to make sure all was plugged in and it looks all good. Give me a few hours g and ill call you. Thanks fellas for the help. I'm not even pissed, fvcking weird lol.
I hope it's minor.

dramad1

Reaction score
Well it's 6:15 and still my x is down. I'm stuck doing a bunch of crap on my remodel right now so I will not be able to contact you g until tomorrow. I did download the software earlier to my lab top from the ucon USB stick. It's pouring out right now but it should clear up tomorrow.

butters607

Reaction score
I had this happen did your dash go blank and lose all your lighting and everything? Like a total loss of power to include power steering abs all that

dramad1

Reaction score
I had this happen did your dash go blank and lose all your lighting and everything? Like a total loss of power to include power steering abs all that

Yes exactly this is what happened.

dramad1

Reaction score
Bump to butters. What did you do to resolve the issue?
I know g I'm lagging on calling you. Working late and on a break, I didn't have time to mess with the x today. Maybe Friday or this weekend the way it's looking.

Top Bottom