Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ucon ems

dramad1

Reaction score
I took it out. Should I put it back in? How do I data log it? Do I need to hook my lab top to it or can I use just the USB. What kind of connector do I need. USB to serial port?
I have went through the whole truck and still do not know what the issue is.

Gadget

Reaction score
Leave the UCON alone until you get the problem fixed.

G

dramad1

Reaction score
So I put a brand new efi relay in and a new fuel pump relay. Still, starts then dies.
Few things I'm gonna look at closer this weekend is the plugs on the stock ecu, a while back I had a maf cal wired in. Maybe one of the wires came loose there? Leaving an open circut?
If not that then?ignition coils and still the maf sensor code p0102.

L3G10N

Reaction score
someone more knowledgeable than me needs to chime in here but:

aftermarket alarm?

what about the skim codes or whatever they are on the keys themselves. any way the programming/matching was lost?

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
someone more knowledgeable than me needs to chime in here but:

aftermarket alarm?

what about the skim codes or whatever they are on the keys themselves. any way the programming/matching was lost?

The truck would never catch. It would just crank, and crank, and crank, If it was a transponder related issue.

dramad1

Reaction score
I just tried to start it with my other two sets of keys and same deal. I don't think it's my alarm or transponder issues.
It's gotta be a wire or ??????

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
No, it will fire and then shut down after a couple of seconds.

G

...Hmmm. no. I belive Your thinking of push to start Toyota's/Lexus

You can confirm that its not a transponder issue by watching the security light under the radio. If it continues to flash while cranking, you can confirm it is in fact a transponder issue. Which I highly doubt....

Last edited:

dramad1

Reaction score
Well I just spent the whole morning tracing wires. I was able to clear out the p0102 code as I found two wires from the maf cal install that where loose. I am still getting codes p0351 thru p0356. I removed each coil and inspected it. I do t have a volt meter. Then reinstalled. Still popping same codes. I've tried clearing codes as well as disconnecting battery for twenty mins. Codes just come back. Car starts then dies a few secs later.
Not sure where to go from here. All codes also show as pending. I don't know. I have replaced all the fuses/ relays. Is it possible all 6 coils are bad?
Also is it possible that I have an air or vacuum leak that could be tripping these codes. I have inspected the coil, plugs, wiring and do not see anything to suspect open circut or faulty connection.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You are running a Maf Cal and the UCON at the same time?

dramad1

Reaction score
You are running a Maf Cal and the UCON at the same time?

No maf cal. I used to have the maf cal installed, I was thinking one of the wires when I spliced into the ecu may have came loose. I have checked all wires and they appear to be okay. One loose wire and I got that all fixed.
I also have removed the ucon since it is not the issue.
Pretty much just getting codes p0351 thru p0356. I have checked all the plugs and coils themselves as well as the ignition fuses the efi and fuel pump relay, the injector coil fuse am2 I believe. I have tried clearing the codes as well.
Now I'm thinking of replacing one coil and seeing if it clears that code and if so, I guess replace all the coils.
Not sure where to go from here
Is there an ignition coil wire that goes to the ecu that I can check? Color wire?

T4C0CH40S

Reaction score
Well I read over this thread from the beginning and have added the UCON to my future list of mods :biggrin:

just curious tho, did dramad1 ever figure out the problem was and get his truck running?

dramad1

Reaction score
Well I read over this thread from the beginning and have added the UCON to my future list of mods :biggrin:

just curious tho, did dramad1 ever figure out the problem was and get his truck running?

I have no idea what caused all 6 ign coils to fail. After testing all wiring etc etc, I swapped out the coils and am back up and running again. Urd's tech support was awesome, I sent my ucon back to g and he ran a few test and found there was an issue with the unit not reading the maf signals. He sent me a new unit as well as 6 spare coils he had laying around, I have not reinstalled it yet. I plan to with in the next few weeks. Just waiting on a few more parts for other mods I'm doing.

T4C0CH40S

Reaction score
well thats good to hear man! glad it got sorted out and hopefully you get it back up and running soon :top: just more good rep for URD!

Top Bottom