Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD CAI with Magnuson Supercharger

hypertaco

Reaction score
Anyone running the URD CAI with a Magnuson supercharger without any trouble?

madtrucker

Reaction score
I don't see why it would be a problem. They are all air filters. Hopefully someone will chime in. I think any CAI is a good thing. The only thing that I would worry about the URD one is that it looks like it might be exposed to water in the rain, you could put a rain sock on it though. They look like they breathe pretty good otherwise.

madtrucker

Reaction score
Man I thought more people would have something to say about the URD CAI. I like the box style ones myself. AFE, Volant, stuff like that.

mejbro

Reaction score
I love my URD CAI until I gotta move the piping for any reason. The headlight HAS to come out. I run a sock on mine. What is pretty cool, though - it sounds like a King Cobra is gonna suck you into the grill. I didn't say anything earlier cuz I have a MK I URD Blower... I saw it was meant for the Magnuson. But one more fun fact from the peanut gallery - the URD CAI piping is legit! It is so thick in fact, that I plumbed my methanol nozzle right to it. ( drill / tap / thread tape ). Pretty dope

hypertaco

Reaction score
Man I thought more people would have something to say about the URD CAI. I like the box style ones myself. AFE, Volant, stuff like that.
I was hoping someone had it. I am finally buying a supercharger and didn't want to put the factory box on if I didn't need too. I don't drive the truck I'm the rain, so I don't believe moisture would be an issue. I could get a sock for it if I decided to take a road trip.

madtrucker

Reaction score
I was hoping someone had it. I am finally buying a supercharger and didn't want to put the factory box on if I didn't need too. I don't drive the truck I'm the rain, so I don't believe moisture would be an issue. I could get a sock for it if I decided to take a road trip.
Some of those exposed air filters come with a rain sock. I would just through it in the glove box and if it starts raining through it on. I wouldn't worry about a few sprinkles, though.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
URD used to sell a rain shield for their CAI…

mejbro

Reaction score
I think they still do, it might be listed under other vehicles too. They're the same, just measure to verify. I would put one on regardless because it's not just water you should worry about - bugs, pollen, dust, etc..
If you're running the stock grille - it will always be a tight fit so install the sock while the grille is off. My plastic tabs broke to the headlights ( from grille ) so I installed the billet horizontal grille which gave way more clearance for the filter.

gearhead899

Reaction score
I run that set up on my 2011. Only issue is that with the heat exchanger/intercooler for the supercharger, it pushes the air filter out toward the grill a little more. I had to modify the one mount for the intake pipe and had to cut away some of the material from the back side of the grill to make clearance for the air filter. I have the factory 2011 grill.

Top Bottom