Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Urd fuel pump filter...

roy365

Reaction score
Can someone elaborate on the use of the dremel please?

Murderface

Reaction score
Can someone elaborate on the use of the dremel please?

Basically all ur doing with the dremel is cutting to slits big enough to pass the SS band clamp thru the bucket to hold the pump

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, sir. URD carries the work horse 255lph Walbro.

Dezod carries a variety of fuel pumps. As well an upgrade of fuel filter over the base filter which comes with both kits.

I have a large Aeromotive fuel filter.

http://www.dezod.com/cat_fuel.cfm

Last edited:

Amo-cat3

Reaction score
Basically all ur doing with the dremel is cutting to slits big enough to pass the SS band clamp thru the bucket to hold the pump

I used a hot exacto knife and it easily pushed and melted through the plastic cup to make the two slits. Easier than using a spinning dremel. Since you have a pre runner you can use nylon strap down ties to lower the tank by yourself.

I draped two straps over the ends of the tank from underneath and pulled them tight. I removed the metal mounting bands off the tank and slowly lowered each strap to slowly drop tank to ground. Was very easy to do by myself (I ran my tank down till light came on first).

Just a reminder, when you install the walboro don't forget the little black boot that goes on the bottom of the pump so it seats right. I forgot to put it on and had to re drop the tank after install - another member on here just did this and forgot to put the black rubber boot on too. It's a little piece so be aware:top:

Jizaldo

Reaction score
I used a hot exacto knife and it easily pushed and melted through the plastic cup to make the two slits. Easier than using a spinning dremel:
This worked like a charm for me.
Just a reminder, when you install the walboro don't forget the little black boot that goes on the bottom of the pump so it seats right. I forgot to put it on and had to re drop the tank after install - another member on here just did this and forgot to put the black rubber boot on too. It's a little piece so be aware:top:
Yeah, I didn't bother with the boot, it wouldn't stay on the bottom of the pump anyways. Either way, the pump is in and the truck is running great. Much better than the jerking it was doing before!

Blasphemous

Reaction score
I did not get instructions from Dezod when I ordered months ago.

Torspd remembers me asking for instructions...

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Back from the dead....lol......

Ok so is there an alternate part number for those of us that dont have a NAPA down the street???

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Basically any filter that has a 5/16" single barb nipple.

And for all future readers, Dezod sends instructions.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Well i got you all something....... i went to get a replacement filter for the kit and asked them for a compatibility list. Here you go..

Torspd maybe you can shoot this to the first post??

Attachments

• IMAG1426.jpg
    IMAG1426.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 372
  • IMAG1427.jpg
    IMAG1427.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 345

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
When I can I will put it in the fuel filter sticky thread.

Top Bottom