Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Mk3 Supercharger breaks 500 RWHP

Gadget

Reaction score
URD has hit another milestone.

URD was the first company to bring to market a forced induction system for the 1GR-FE engine. Our first system we call the Mark 1 system made over 300 RWHP in its original form.

A while later the system was updated to the Mark 2 configuration using a larger supercharger and air/air intercooler system and we broke through the 400 RWHP barrier.

The system was again updated to the Mark 3 configuration using better engine management and a cold air intake system. The stage 3 system normally ranged in the 430-450 RWHP range, with some pushing higher. The system could not be maxed out due to limitations of the stock engine.

URD worked with Darton a good while ago to develop the first mid sleeve kit for the 1GR. Once the sleeved block was delivered we contracted with an engine builder that failed to complete the build. Although this set things back a good bit, it did give us the opportunity to start over from scratch and this time we decided to include stroker rotating assembly from Brian Crower.

The new engine was installed a couple of weeks ago and started right up and drove perfectly. The self tuning ability of the UCON-Ethos did not require any manual calibration changes. It was driven for 500 road miles without a glitch.

Today it was put on the dyno. My last dyno on the stock engine with the same configuration put down 440 RWHP (-91 w/75mm), today after a few runs it easily push through 500 RWHP. The highest it was pushed today was 539 RWHP with an 80mm pulley and 7000 RPM redline. It was backed off to right at 500 RWHP and we are going to run it like that for a while. This was all done with 93 octane pump gas.

URDStageX_zpsac8c2b9d.jpg

Last edited:

shook

Reaction score
Wow, congratulations ! Planning on uploading any videos ?

shane881510

Reaction score
Dang right. Keep Pushing the 1gr to the max. Was u running the c38-91 charger with 80mm pulley.

kwigs160966

Reaction score
So the stroker kit added roughly 100 horses? That's impressive I can't wait to see it make a few passes down the track. What is the driveability like with the stroked any change? What were the final specs for the motor build? Bore and compression ratio? Also what improvements did you make to the heads

Congrats on the numbers

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
WOOT WOOT!!!!!

You guys got the oil squirters all figured out then I see. Very good!

nick_gz1

Reaction score
Can I get an AMEN!!! Amazing work G, congrats man.

easts1d3

Reaction score
Congrats! I cant wait to see this beast in person.. Xfest 2015 ?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome G. Congrats! Andbetter yet, Louie was on hand for the filming. LOL

justin13703

Reaction score
Awesome G. Congrats! Andbetter yet, Louie was on hand for the filming. LOL

That's what I was gonna say lol Louie should be the URD mascot

And real nice numbers man. That thing has gotta be a beast

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So when is the smaller pulley going on?!?!?!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
How much boost does the 80mm pulley produce?

This should be a lot more fun at VIR!

Plan's for getting the truck back to the drag strip? :giggity:

Can XR

Reaction score
Congrats G ! Not only is the power impressive but I like the fact that you still have low end torque.

Top Bottom