Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What is my X worth?

SooRunner

Reaction score
Thinking about selling my X...sad...trying to buy a house maybe.

Engine:
-URD MK3 Stage 2.5?
-DTLT Gen 1
-Oil catch can
-TRD oil cap
-URD Y Pipe (not installed)
-URD MK2 exhaust
-Coupe’s oil 7 ½ quart oil pan ( not installed)
-X1 ecu
-Ucon ecu currently installed.
-Stage 4 clutch
-Fidanza flywheel

Interior:
-TRD Seat Cover
-B&M Short Shifter
-Eclipse Navi/dvd/mp3 deck works with steering wheel
-Weather math front and back floor mats
-AEM boost Gauge
-Craven speed gauge pod
-SubX with 10inch JL audio (no amp, im keeping my JL 500/1 mono amp)
-SubX interior part, shift boot, door panel, and back seat panel.

Exterior:
-TRD Spoiler
-New SWB paint all around no dents
-T-Rex gen 2 eyelid painted SWB
-2010 OEM smoked headlights with babyboi HID projectors
-2010 LED tail lights
-Upper and lower Grill Craft grills
-Rear view camera handle ( not installed into deck yet)
-Rubber mat for bed
-Aerocatch hood catch.
-Weather Tech window visor

Wheels:
-TRD BBK
-Varsteon 19 wheels
-Brand New Hankook V12 tires
-Goodrich Steel braided brake lines with ATE race fluid

Suspension
-Track ready drop kit includes front and rear sway bar and composite rear leaf springs
-URD Traction Bar
-XII steel leaf and coilover on the way

Maybe more I can’t think of right now but what do you guys think the value is?

I don't smoke and all the work done to the X is professionally worked on.

(WILL NOT PART OUT)

HERE IS MY BUILD LIST OR PHOTOS

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=39121

Last edited:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
i just got happy in the pants from just reading your parts list, forgot about the dealer giving you anything more than KBB, your best bet would be to sell privately and i think a great deall would be to add all your modifications retail price and then take half of that to add to KBB price. You are going to have to get u=lucky and find the right buyer other wise strip the parts off and you will be in the same price range and may sell quicker.

davesX

Reaction score
would love to buy some of those parts if you decide to part out....

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
depends how the condition of the truck and miles, but SAD to sad, unless you sell to someone that knows exactly what EACH item is (most likely a former xrunner owner) you wont get anything close to what you want, but my guess is if everything is CHERRY, at the most is maybe $24K or $25K even though everyone knows its worth alot more, thats the risk you take when you buy and customize a vehicle, most people like myself rather by a stock vehicle, and if they do buy it, they are goina low ball all the parts on it! THATS just my opinion though

RRX

Reaction score
I think the only way that you are going to get any where close to what you want out of the X you will need to put back to stock and part out.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
The only way you'll get any money out of your mods is to pull them off and sell them separate. At least the supercharger anyway.
All your mods might get you a couple grand over KBB if you can find the right buyer. Modded vehicles are hard to sell.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
You could always throw it out there on Craigslist and see what kind of interest and what crazy low ball offers you get.

SooRunner

Reaction score
Finally off work to post. I did that before....

I tried selling my turbo miata and people would low ball me....i just wanted the miata gone....I ended up stripping the part and sold it individual and ended up getting more than what I wanted.

I tend to put quality parts on my X, I tend not to go cheap on my vehicle as you can see on my parts list. I try to do the job the first time correct instead of having to do it twice...but sometime I have to do it twice cuz companies like URD and XII keep coming out with better parts.

Any how my X is well taken care of, no oil leak, and the truck gives me zero problem. If you treat the truck right, it will treat you right, that's how I see it. I don't even do burn outs.

Only down fall is the squeeky clutch bearing and was in a minor rear end, I just had to replaced the rear bumper, X also has clean title.

The truck has 180K original miles and still running strong.

I know if I part out my truck I will get more money back, I already have vultures for my parts LOL!

AND HELL NO I WON'T TRADE IT INTO TOYOTA!

(updated page 1 with some more parts)

What's the year, mileage, and general condition?

2005, 180k original miles, and I say it is in super condition. I even have more plans for the X but I gotta stop the mod addiction.

The only way you'll get any money out of your mods is to pull them off and sell them separate. At least the supercharger anyway.
All your mods might get you a couple grand over KBB if you can find the right buyer. Modded vehicles are hard to sell.

I totally agree with you!

depends how the condition of the truck and miles, but SAD to sad, unless you sell to someone that knows exactly what EACH item is (most likely a former xrunner owner) you wont get anything close to what you want, but my guess is if everything is CHERRY, at the most is maybe $24K or $25K even though everyone knows its worth alot more, thats the risk you take when you buy and customize a vehicle, most people like myself rather by a stock vehicle, and if they do buy it, they are goina low ball all the parts on it! THATS just my opinion though

I probably have to sit down and spend half a day and make an excel sheet on how much I spent on each part. I dont even want to think about how much I spent. :hmmmm2:

Last edited:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty high miles... that's probably going to hurt you most. My 2006 only has 67,000 miles.

Fish_On

Reaction score
180k and its modded that much? Most people will read that as old and been beaten on a ton. I couldn't see someone paying much more than like 12 grand. That even seems high. Maybe it being a less common truck and being a Toyota someone will pay more, but I personally would look at the list of modifications and mileage and think ticking time bomb.

davesX

Reaction score
yeah there is no way you are ganna get your money out of that truck with that many miles.... my 08 X only got 60k.... and depending on how long you have a had your supercharger and other mods on there will play a factor in how much you would get out of them if you do part out....

SooRunner

Reaction score
Yea....best bet is probably part it out if I decide to sell the X. I probably get more $ by parting.

BTW it's 180K miles taken real care of. I don't beat my truck and is well taken care of. I don't think my truck is a ticking time bomb either. It's only a bomb when you don't care for your X. Heck, I'll probably end up keeping the X since I spent so much time and sweat on the X. If you own a toyota....they can run for a long time if care for it. But thanks for the input. Everytime i look at it, it's like divorcing your wife that you shouldn't have because she treat you so well plus she turns a lot of heads.

Pretty high miles... that's probably going to hurt you most. My 2006 only has 67,000 miles.

True....but most of it is highway miles commuting to work and back home. True Toyota owners what Toyota motors can do. My truck do not sit in a garage like most X owners :p

Last edited:

SooRunner

Reaction score
I'll vouch for this ride in new condition.

Thanks D! Don't you work in the city now? Need another photoshoot with your expertise!!! :top:

I think your X is more clean than mine! I could probably eat BBQ from your hood! :D

Top Bottom