Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wierd noise under cab

giox

Reaction score
I recently started to get a wierd like slapping noise under the cab when the truck starts to go only when i floor it.. Or when i have extra weight in the bed .. I change out the bearing that in between the axel thinking it was that but kinda lost of ehat it could be... Everthing the same the only thing i change was the tranny but that was from another xrunner . ? Im super lost please help

Coupe

Reaction score
Have you checked your u-joints?

giox

Reaction score
Yeah well i put one of them in new maybe i should do the others?

Coupe

Reaction score
If you use the 4 x 4 u joints, there are zerk fittings so they can be greased in the future.

giox

Reaction score
Ok so indid the others and the front one was bad the rear one not so bad still life but change all of them and still does it.. ? Can it be becuase of the axel not being balanced?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you take a video and post it on youtube?

giox

Reaction score
Mmmm dont have a youtube account it only does it when i high rpm it like slaps kinda like vibrating i was told maybe the nuts or acrews broken?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
There's no way for anyone to internet diagnose a noise without hearing it. It's hard enough to do it with a video.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
How about the exhaust heat shields under the truck? They could be slightly bent and rubs when the system vibrates under load.

Phracker

Reaction score
Maybe a bolt is not completely seated on the crossmember or transmission mount. Do you get just noise or a ton of vibration as well?

Coupe

Reaction score
I would also check the heat shields that are bolted to the bottom of the cab.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Carrier Bearing?

When I did my trans I had a weird noise only under hard acceleration. Turns out the carrier bearing mounting bracket is slightly off center so It had to be flipped around and the noise stopped.

Top Bottom