Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

working progress: Headrest mod

KETCHUP

Reaction score
i wish i would have checked to see how much a replacement stock headrest was before i chopped into mine. my local dealer in houma said it is $384.48 jus for the headrest. i had an 06 tundra that i traded in for my x and i had aftermarked rests/monitors and i wanted to put the monitors in my x rests....but i wish i wouldnt have jus jumped into it. i have one in but its rigged wit zip ties in there and the plastic trim is wide compared to the rest and i think it looks like sh!t.......:dontknow: what do yall think?

I would go all the way and finish em. Buy more padding. when you make the box for them (after cutting out the foam), then you can use the extra padding to smooth out the corners from the box. They will be a little funny shapped because of how the head rest look. I would consider trading your headrests for an older Tacoma model.

and BTW, I sold my modded monitors. Got tired of them, but it was fun doing em and rockin em....

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I would go all the way and finish em. Buy more padding. when you make the box for them (after cutting out the foam), then you can use the extra padding to smooth out the corners from the box. They will be a little funny shapped because of how the head rest look. I would consider trading your headrests for an older Tacoma model.

and BTW, I sold my modded monitors. Got tired of them, but it was fun doing em and rockin em....
thats cool....i think the main reason i want to put them in my headrests is so my lil girl can watch her movies. i really wanted to fab them in my headliner but i dont want to get into that much work right now. thanks man

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Wow Ketchup that mod looks terrific!

Top Bottom