Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

working progress: Headrest mod

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
looking good bro. how are we ever going to ketchup to you...LOL

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
The audio guys was an audio store here in EP. They wanted to do custom mounts over head out of fiberglass. They said I would have to buy the monitors that already come in the headrest. I think they just wanted my money. NO....it was no one in XRU.

Exactly. Lazy. That irks my nerves. Overhead flip-downs are easy (and pretty corny). Just a couple pieces of wood on the backside of the headliner and a run of wire. Plus, there's really no size restrictions. They wanted to do it that way because they already knew how and it wouldn't take any "figuring out" :laugh:

As for the wood, we actually just glued in in place and the fabric is holding it. The monitor is bolted to the frame. It seems to be pleanty sturdy. I do plan to take it back apart and adjust some of the padding to give it a better look. I ran out of time last night.

That's cool. It should hold up fairly well. Most headrest monitors come with a mounting bracket & you just carve the foam around til it fits snug. That's pretty much the same as what yours is doing except there's no foam on the sides, but the fabric and glue will hold it in. I've seen headrests that have a flat metal plate in between the posts, that's why I was asking.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Exactly. Lazy. That irks my nerves. Overhead flip-downs are easy (and pretty corny). Just a couple pieces of wood on the backside of the headliner and a run of wire. Plus, there's really no size restrictions. They wanted to do it that way because they already knew how and it wouldn't take any "figuring out" :laugh:

That's cool. It should hold up fairly well. Most headrest monitors come with a mounting bracket & you just carve the foam around til it fits snug. That's pretty much the same as what yours is doing except there's no foam on the sides, but the fabric and glue will hold it in. I've seen headrests that have a flat metal plate in between the posts, that's why I was asking.

oh, ok. :top:

krazy_j

Reaction score
well now you got me wanting to try this mod lol but it looks awesome bro

KETCHUP

Reaction score
well now you got me wanting to try this mod lol but it looks awesome bro

Do it bro. We need an official headrest mod.....:biggrin:. I know im the second (I think) to attempt this mod.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Well the headrest mod is complete. Thanks to all of you that supported me doing this mod. I would recommend this mod to anyone. Its not to bad. If you need help, let me know. Only have a few pics. It was late last night when we finished.

BIG THANKS to my boy Z and to ManchenX.

Attachments

• DSCF5373.jpg
    DSCF5373.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCF5375.jpg
    DSCF5375.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCF5379.jpg
    DSCF5379.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 284

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
da, ketchup very impressed. where do you manage to find the time or the money. could you drive up to vegas and help me with some mods...(SPONRSORSHIP: NEEDED BADLY...LMFAO)

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Got to meet MachenX too. Very cool guy......hell of a XRU member. Love those DTLTH!! Goin to have to get some. Here are some (dark) pics of our trucks. We will take more later.

Attachments

• DSCF5358.jpg
    DSCF5358.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCF5362.jpg
    DSCF5362.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCF5366.jpg
    DSCF5366.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 118

KETCHUP

Reaction score
da, ketchup very impressed. where do you manage to find the time or the money. could you drive up to vegas and help me with some mods...(SPONRSORSHIP: NEEDED BADLY...LMFAO)

Sure......:laugh:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
looks like you had fun bro! I love the headrests..:rockon:

MancheX

Reaction score
Man you gotta get some day time shots of the screens, those night shots don't do the mod justice! The screens look f*ckin sweet :top:.

Well the headrest mod is complete. Thanks to all of you that supported me doing this mod. I would recommend this mod to anyone. Its not to bad. If you need help, let me know. Only have a few pics. It was late last night when we finished.

BIG THANKS to my boy Z and to ManchenX.

It was fun, dude! You and your wifey are awesome people. Can't wait till we go cruzin and turn some heads

Last edited:

05runner

Reaction score
Wow man you are goin to town on moddin up your X. Those monitors look good. Nice job:rock:

alaxrunner

Reaction score
looks good keith,turned out very nice i was afraid to put them in the headrests but they turned out great.:top:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
had a couple members ask about my self made head rests. Here is the thread fellas.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
thanks bro. u didn't get to see em at TEXFEST hugh?

Top Bottom