Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Black Tail light Mod (BTLM)

Vince77

Reaction score
Those came out good. Nice job. Matches the headlights now.
No chrome! :laugh:

elynor_v

Reaction score
Installed...

Attachments

• 10301016.jpg
    10301016.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 10301812a.jpg
    10301812a.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 385

2012TxNinja

Reaction score
Very very nice. I like it

Is that red painted lines on your nittos? What kind?

Last edited:

N8rocK

Reaction score
hey im about to do this tomorrow but do u cut the actual lenses or down the gap on the edge between the lenses and light section

Tunedx

Reaction score
hey im about to do this tomorrow but do u cut the actual lenses or down the gap on the edge between the lenses and light section

down the gap on the edge between the lens

N8rocK

Reaction score
yea i went back out last night right after that post and noticed it about to start right now just have to stop by car quest for some silicone cause im doing the fronts as well

Vince77

Reaction score
yea i went back out last night right after that post and noticed it about to start right now just have to stop by car quest for some silicone cause im doing the fronts as well

Get some pics up when you got them all done.

jwg256

Reaction score
took like 5 hours and its finally donee (little more sanding on the edges but for the most part it's done)

Attachments

• image-2349638051.jpg
    image-2349638051.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 288

FLORUNNER

Reaction score
Those tails look great. I've got an 08 red xrunner and it seems that My tail lenses have a red tint to them, yours look clear though. Do they actually have a red tint or is it just the reflection of all the red inside the actual tail lights?

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Those tail lights look sick. Nice write up gonna definately have to do that soon:top:
Yeah man look like they have a red tint too what would be the best way to remove it?

TheMaskedAce

Reaction score
sooo..... tried doing this mod. After totally shattering one lens, i ended up calling Pep Boys and buying a set of black housing, Led taillights. oh well. shit happens lol

lingenfelterm

Reaction score
BTLM

So I decided to do the tail light mod today. My tail lights have the pinkish tinge to the lenses which I didn't even bother trying to get rid of or hide. My dremel work went pretty smoothly, much better on the second light with my uncle's steady hands holding the light while I worked on both. I didn't remember to tape off the full "ring" around the brake light, as there is reflector there. I think it looks better with the full perimeter around the brake light blacked out, I just forgot to do it that way. Here's a picture of mine. I haven't finished painting around the outside edges yet, but will shortly. Took me about 3 hours total, silicone still curing. I'll put up a better picture when I get finished.

Attachments

• rsz_truck.jpg
    rsz_truck.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 247
  • XRBTLM1.jpg
    XRBTLM1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 239
  • XRBTLM2.jpg
    XRBTLM2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

Vince77

Reaction score
Nicely done. :rockon:
It's great to see these coming out so good, and not destroying tail lights.
We had a extra set for test dummies thankfully. Worked fine, so we did the other set.

lingenfelterm

Reaction score
Nicely done. :rockon:
It's great to see these coming out so good, and not destroying tail lights.
We had a extra set for test dummies thankfully. Worked fine, so we did the other set.

Thanks for providing the write-up Vince. I really like the way your truck looks. Great work.

Top Bottom