Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Fog Light Mod (always on)

Dewey7

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up I went with option 1. When I was finished everything looked awesome. Worked perfectly. But when I started my truck up it was idleing at 300-400 rpm. I was freaking out did I do something wrong. I searched this forum and found a few guys saying the truck needed to re-learn its idle. Sure enough couple runs later back to norm. Thanks everyone.
:rockon:

-kenny-

Reaction score
I did mine the easy way... bought a "mini add-a-circuit" and put it in the 10amp EFI slot, put the 10A fuse in the original circuit slot and put a 5A fuse in the add-a-circuit slot. Crimped a female butt connector on the end of the pigtail and stuck it on the foglight relay. Took all of 2 minutes (at most). Best part, I can easily go back to stock if I want!

probably like this ;)
found it on one of the forums...
did mine this way as well :rock:

stopped by Pepboys and got everything i needed. i followed the steps. easy as cake.
it worked the first try. took 10mins to get all the wires connected, heat shrank and put all the fuses in. then another 5mins to put it on the X. worth the money and easy mod

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Did option three like I did on my 06 and didn't work on my 2012? What the deal, anyone else have a problem with the newer Xs the fogs still works just like factory?

X-Runn-it-09

Reaction score
I did the option and now i have no abs and tcs is off..i camt figure it out

X-Runn-it-09

Reaction score
I did opt 1 and now my TRAC and ABS lights are on then the engine jumped down to 3-400 Roma but kicked back up after my ECU relearned the system but I can't get my lights to shut off any advice. :hmmmm2:

justin13703

Reaction score
I did opt 1 and now my TRAC and ABS lights are on then the engine jumped down to 3-400 Roma but kicked back up after my ECU relearned the system but I can't get my lights to shut off any advice. :hmmmm2:

If yours is an 09 then the write up might not apply to you. A lot of stuff changed on the 09 and up so that might be your problem. Whatever happened sounds bad so I would undo it ASAP and try to find a write up for an 09

X-Runn-it-09

Reaction score
Yea that's what I'm gonna do cause ECU keeps having to relearn evrerything.....so sad cause it looks good

Hi_Psi

Reaction score
Best....... Mod........ EVER!!!!! Lol took literally two min. You dont need the extra piece of wire, the Add-a-Circuit i got had a long wire strand, just needed to cut off the connector on it and install a new end for the fuse. Didnt find a 5amp fuse so i went with a 4amp. Should work fine.

Top Bottom