Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WTB polyurethane mount

jimx

Reaction score
Looking some polyurethane engine and transmission mount.

XeddeX

Reaction score
Solid Offroad sells engine and trans mounts. Find them on IG.

Gadget

Reaction score
Why?

Polly stuff is more of a PITA than it is worth.

I did the Long Travel suspension on my 96 4Runner and it came with poly bushings. I had to replace them every year or two. They degrade and fall apart.

You may just be installing something that you will have to replace on a regular basis so be aware of that and decide if it is worth it or not.

Hawk373

Reaction score
Looking some polyurethane engine and transmission mount.

Tim at DMZ Fab makes engine/trans mount kits that fit very nice. 2 of the 3 mounts I’ve installed have been from him. Can’t say enough nice things about Tim.

My intended purpose for mounting was for a friendly relationship between coil bucket gussets and URD long tube headers. The rubber mounts will allow enough engine movement (offroad) to allow contact between the two. The unforeseen benefit I received was eliminating a drive line oscillation.

Like gadget mentioned, it’s going to incur some added maintenance and it’s a tough place to get tools and fingers into.
After a number of installs and reinstalls I’ve developed a good system, but the first one was a bear (more so because the first fabricator’s mount I used didn’t fit properly).

My truck and the few others I know haven’t had to replace the bushings yet, but it’s something I keep an eye on.

Top Bottom