Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rennurx build thread

rennurx

Reaction score
Caleb is gonna test them for me. I forget what his Xru name is tho. He's planning on going to some race even next month also. so should have some decent testing going on.

Actually now that I think of it I think his Xru name is Caleb lol

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Caleb is gonna test them for me. I forget what his Xru name is tho. He's planning on going to some race even next month also. so should have some decent testing going on.

Actually now that I think of it I think his Xru name is Caleb lol

clewis333 :top:

rennurx

Reaction score
Motor mounts are done. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow. But from the way he was talking I'm not gonna like them.. sounds like he didn't do what I wanted. So I guess I'll see tomorrow when I go look at them.

Gadget

Reaction score
Well, if they did not harden up correctly, do not call it a fail, call it a feature. Say they are liquid filled engine mounts like on the expensive Euro cars that need to be replaced all the time.

G

rennurx

Reaction score
Hahah no I didn't even pour the poly yet.

He said he used part of the stock mounts in the new ones. Which is what I said not to do because I will need to have them duplicated. I don't have a bunch of stock mounts for parts. so you can see my problem.

The poly should be simple. 1:1 ratio and let sit at room temp for 48 hrs. Done.

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing these still, brought it up on TW as well.

rennurx

Reaction score
Here are a couple pictures of how they looked.. if he wouldn't of used the stock mounts they would have been perfect.

Last edited:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
Those seem extremely sketchy, looking forward to seeing the improved version of these.

Gadget

Reaction score
That stock part only looks used to position the part for the curing of the "stuff".

It does not look like it will have to stay on the lower part.

G

rennurx

Reaction score
How do they look sketchy lol don't mind the jig just holding them from moving

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I dunno, something about 1/4 inch steel doesn't give me the feel good vibes haha. Also doesn't appear to be a lot of room in there for Poly. Would be be cheaper/easier to just buy random part number poly bushing and build the sleeve around it? That way you don't have to wait on cure time or deal with inconsistencies and replacement bushings would be readily available. Just throwing ideas out there man, trying to be constructive. Feel free to take it to PM with me so we don't clutter it up in here.

rennurx

Reaction score
All opinions are appreciated.

But if u ever looked at the stock mount u would probably wonder how it held. And there is a 1/4 inch all the way around for the poly. Should be plenty.

But I talked to him again and i think were gonna leave it how it is. And then you can just keep the solid part of the original mount so im gonna pick them up and pour the poly on tuesday.

Stay tuned for the results

Any other suggestions let me hear them.

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I know what you're saying for the stock ones, just figured why not make it as strong as possible from the get go. I know you'll have a market for these on here as well as TW. It's a wonder that no one has made anything like this yet. Next up, poly trans mount.

rennurx

Reaction score
Pulling the trans out soon. So its coming after these get rolling!

Top Bottom