Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

speed gov update

hack6500

Reaction score
now i got a question...

since people report the OBD network can report vehicle speed, this would NOT disable the "EVENT DATA RECORDER" device from properly recording the vehicles actual speed?

willieshotg3

Reaction score
i put a toggle in and have the toggle on for about 20 min of driving and my check engin light shut off. there will still be a history code so befor you go to the dealer for work have somone delete your history codes. autozone will prob do it

akakrill

Reaction score
Can you get to the violet with white strip wire at the ecu?

Matt's06

Reaction score
Can you get to the violet with white strip wire at the ecu?
I am sure you can, but there might be more than one violet with a white stripe. There are only so many color combos. It is not that hard to get to it behind the cluster. I just put a toggle switch in today. It took me less that 10 min. to get to it because I had done it before. You HAVE to put a toggle switch in line with it and only flip the switch when you need to go past the govenor or you WILL get a CEL.

rexrunner

Reaction score
why didnt I? I have put a good 500 miles on my truck so far :dontknow:

Matt's06

Reaction score
why didnt I? I have put a good 500 miles on my truck so far :dontknow:

I have no idea. your light is not blown or anything, is it? There has been at least one other person here that got the same CEL that I got. When you turn your key to the on position, your CEL works, right?

rexrunner

Reaction score
yes it does , I dont know what it could be:dontknow:, I know that both of you are in germany, so maybe something diff in the wiring:hmmmm2:, I highly doubt that but who knows

Matt's06

Reaction score
yes it does , I dont know what it could be:dontknow:, I know that both of you are in germany, so maybe something diff in the wiring:hmmmm2:, I highly doubt that but who knows

both our trucks are from the states. There was another XR on this forum that got a cell. I thought it was in this thread.

willieshotg3

Reaction score
it was i am from illinois i was the other one with the check engin light

rexrunner

Reaction score
where did you disconnect the wire? This is weird, why am I not getting one? :dontknow:

Matt's06

Reaction score
I disconected mine at the cluster. What about you? Also my cruise does not work with it disconected.

rexrunner

Reaction score
I will check my cruise right now :top:

no check engine light, I am doing it to another X tomorrow so I will let you know but its also a 07 like mine if that matters

rexrunner

Reaction score
ok I just checked the cruise control numerous times in every gear except 1st. It works fine, but I noticed that whenever you press in the clutch it turns of the cruise control. can some one verify for me if thats normal? I also just maxed out 5th gear and just got it into 6th, and again no CEL:dontknow: I was prob going like 140 :driver: I dunno what the deal is but it works for me but I can re-verify it tomorrow :top:

X-Runnin

Reaction score
I haven't cut the wire yet, but I know that cruise control goes off when you press in the clutch:top:

rexrunner

Reaction score
ok good

DO NOT CUT ANY WIRES :ahhhhh:

this mod simply consist of removing a single pin from a connector, which can just be re inserted incase you ever need to bring it in for warranty work :top:

rexrunner

Reaction score
ok just did it again and topped out 6th gear on I-75. I estimate about 145 but I had no SG to confirm actual speed. I also did not get a check engine light, and the truck feels very stable at these speeds, kinda like my grandparents lexus :rock: . hopefully tomorrow I will do a fellow x runner owners to confirm it , and make sure mine isn't special before I can do a full write up

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
ok I just checked the cruise control numerous times in every gear except 1st. It works fine, but I noticed that whenever you press in the clutch it turns of the cruise control. can some one verify for me if thats normal? I also just maxed out 5th gear and just got it into 6th, and again no CEL:dontknow: I was prob going like 140 :driver: I dunno what the deal is but it works for me but I can re-verify it tomorrow :top:
If you are talking about the cruise control cancelling when you push the clutch pedal in that is normal and also for safety to keep your engine from over revving.

rexrunner

Reaction score
ya thats what I thought but I just wanted to make sure, I really didnt know b/c Ive only used it once.

CursedRacing

Reaction score
Well, I decided to CUT the wire, because I CAN... ahaha... plus doing it this way allows me to put in a toggle switch that I can flip on, and off giving my needs. No check engine light, but can verify that the ScanGauge will most definitely NOT read your speed when the switch disengaged!

Cursed

DSC00098_resize_.JPG

X-Runnin

Reaction score
Well, I decided to CUT the wire, because I CAN... ahaha... plus doing it this way allows me to put in a toggle switch that I can flip on, and off giving my needs. No check engine light, but can verify that the ScanGauge will most definitely NOT read your speed when the switch disengaged!

Wow, that is awesome. :top:
Can someone take some pics or do a write up on which wire it is because I'm still not sure :dontknow:

Top Bottom