Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

speed gov update

willieshotg3

Reaction score
i am looking at the diagrams and was wondering if u have tpms and if u do will it work?

rexrunner

Reaction score
yes no prob, does not effect that at all, but remember I am NOT responsible for any problems this could lead to, it works on my truck and a few others that have tried it.

SWB X

Reaction score
All u guys better have better tires than the potenza's if your going to "peg the needle" :top: :rock: :driver:

or else:ahhhhh:

rexrunner

Reaction score
:driver: LOL. does anyone know what they are rated at anyways? i did my run on a dyno, but am planning a street run very soon

Matt's06

Reaction score
IT WORKS!!! :biggrin: I just cut the violet wire with the white stripe behind the cluster. The only thing is that I can not see my speed on my scan tool, but I don't care. I brought it up to 5000 rpms in 6th on a long slightly downward slope on the autobahn. You can see here how fast that would be according to the math it is around 144.8mph, but it is not going to be exactly right. I will borrow my freinds GPS to get an actual reading. http://www.car-videos.com/tools/spe...7=&Redline=5500&Increment=1000&B1=Recalculate

There are no side effects other than the speed does not appear on a scan tool!

Last edited:

rexrunner

Reaction score
IT WORKS!!! :biggrin: I just cut the violet wire with the white stripe behind the cluster. The only thing is that I can not seed my speed on my scan tool, but I don't care. I brought it up to 5000 rpms in 6th on a long slightly downward slope on the autobahn. You can see here how fast that would be according to the math it is around 144.8mph, but it is not going to be exactly right. I will borrow my freinds GPS to get an actual reading. http://www.car-videos.com/tools/spe...7=&Redline=5500&Increment=1000&B1=Recalculate

glad you could finally get it to work :rock: The OBD2 should work, I need to test mine out:hmmmm2:

rexrunner

Reaction score
the soonest Ill get to check it out is saturday night or early sunday, Ill let you know what I do to get it to working, if its not already

Matt's06

Reaction score
I just hit 148mph on GPS. After about 143 it was down right scary. My hood was shaking and it looked like it was going to blow up at any second. It felt like the truck was going to lift off the ground and fly away.:laugh:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
man o man! damnnnnnn!I thought about that when that mod came out if you would go to the autobahn! •XR•XR•XR•XR lift off is about 165 for a plane!

tour4fun

Reaction score
I just hit 148mph on GPS. After about 143 it was down right scary. My hood was shaking and it looked like it was going to blow up at any second. It felt like the truck was going to lift off the ground and fly away.:laugh:

It is soooo unfair that you have the autobahn to play on :eviltongue: :motz:

SWB X

Reaction score
i use to love driving on the autobahn when i was in Germany.:top: :driver:

willieshotg3

Reaction score
i got a mil lamp for vss but it works so i am going to hook it to a toggle switch

rexrunner

Reaction score
how did you get the light, where did you disconnect the wire?

willieshotg3

Reaction score
on the large connecter witch is connecter 9 the purple white wire witch is pin 19

Matt's06

Reaction score
YEP, just got a MIL. I guess I will hook it to a toggle switch also. It was for the Vehicle speed sensor. I think the code was P0500 or something like that.

akakrill

Reaction score
YEP, just got a MIL. I guess I will hook it to a toggle switch also. It was for the Vehicle speed sensor. I think the code was P0500 or something like that.

If you run the toggle switch will activating it shut the mil off or will you have to go to a mechanic? I dont have scan tools.

willieshotg3

Reaction score
If you run the toggle switch will activating it shut the mil off or will you have to go to a mechanic? I dont have scan tools.

i am not shure i will wire mine up today and let u know

the po500 was the same code i got

Matt's06

Reaction score
The toggle swich will go in line with the wire you cut. It will be a normally closed circuit. Then when you want to go past the gov. just flip the switch to break the circuit. I think the ECU only checks up on the speed sensor every so often. That would expain why it took so long to trip the MIL. Hopefully it does not happen to be checking up on the speed sensor when you flip the switch.

I hope that makes sence because just had a few beers.

Top Bottom