Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"X-Panels" List

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I want to get a list going for these so ill know who all is interested. Please understand that i do not do this for a living and I do not have business accounts with any suppliers so I do not get the supplies any cheaper than what anyone else does so there will not be a cheaper GB price. I make these in a garage after i get off work. The price will be $500 PLUS shipping for a set to fit 05-08 access cab tacomas. They will be painted the closest shade of grey I can find to the interior or black. No money is required right now. As I have a set ready I will go down the list and let the person know if they are ready to buy. Some may think this price is steep but trust me it's not. There is alot of hand work involved which I didn't think it was as much but I'm still taking on the challenge.

Here are the "work in progress" pics lol

2d6bea5a.jpg

51efddec.jpg

fccdb6ea.jpg

1.) FOR SALE

2.) NUPEPRIME

3.)

Last edited:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
blackx-runner said:
Got pics of the finished product?

I'll try to take some after I finish wet sanding and painting. I'm making another set right now.

X-roller

Reaction score
wait... what?... you are providing the body kit?

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
wait... what?... you are providing the body kit?

"X-Panels" is his new name for what used to be the Xtreme creations door panels for subs in the back doors. He bought the molds and is now making them. Not body kit piesces.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Slywhitty said:
"X-Panels" is his new name for what used to be the Xtreme creations door panels for subs in the back doors. He bought the molds and is now making them. Not body kit piesces.

Thanks bro

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
It may have been covered but is their still an option to have the last few layers in carbon fiber?

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
I am interested..... depending on cost and shipping.... but it is very sexy and would comp the sub x I have

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
hottacoX said:
It may have been covered but is their still an option to have the last few layers in carbon fiber?

I will have to practice with the carbon fiber with these molds. You really only need the first layer or two to be carbon fiber for looks and the rest fiberglass mat for strength.

Canadian Girl said:
I am interested..... depending on cost and shipping.... but it is very sexy and would comp the sub x I have

They will be $500 plus shipping for a set. Once I finish the first set I will try to get a round-a-bout price on shipping the panels.

Last edited:

x20Runner05

Reaction score
I need a set of these to try for test purposes......hint hint :rolleyez:

X-roller

Reaction score

thank you sir.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
widdoz runner said:
any idea on the whole door pannel babyboi???

Not yet. Im sure it will be a while before I'm that experienced. It's taking longer than I though to make these panels with my work picking up

Coupe

Reaction score
I grew up working in a glass shop.

I would say these are coming along nicely.

On the carbon fiber variety, Deathshadow used to to make his CF pieces (fuse box, radiator shroud) by doing an overlay. He took the stock part, laid down the CF/w resin. Then used automotive clear coat over that.

So looking at your mold, normally you would want to put down the CF first and mat behind that. Instead, you might do all of your glass work, when done, lay down a CF over the front of the finished glass front. When cured, use an automotive clear over the top.

Just my 2 cents. Your work looks great.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Coupe said:
I grew up working in a glass shop.

I would say these are coming along nicely.

On the carbon fiber variety, Deathshadow used to to make his CF pieces (fuse box, radiator shroud) by doing an overlay. He took the stock part, laid down the CF/w resin. Then used automotive clear coat over that.

So looking at your mold, normally you would want to put down the CF first and mat behind that. Instead, you might do all of your glass work, when done, lay down a CF over the front of the finished glass front. When cured, use an automotive clear over the top.

Just my 2 cents. Your work looks great.

This is exactly what Jim (XK) said I could do if I decided to try CF. This is actually my first time messing with fiberglass work of this size. I used a glass repair kit to fill in the holes on my upper grill but that doesn't compare to these panels. My back hurts and doesn't like these panels at all but it's pretty cool to see what comes out of all this work. This method should work way better to lay the CF over the curves of the finished panels instead of tucking the CF into the mold and hope it comes out ok.

darthyota

Reaction score
some who has these already installed should post up some pics so people who haven't seen theses before know what they will look like installed

Top Bottom