Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"X-Panels" List

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Here's a couple from an install on TW

447264ef.jpg

4e2d7d0a.jpg

ed520949.jpg

18046658.jpg

darthyota

Reaction score
now i need to find some pics of what an 09 door looks like cause i don't remember what mine look like as i haven't seen my truck for over a month

darthyota

Reaction score
looks like it could still work with out having to swap new door trims for old door trims. i say some test fitting is in order

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
darthyota said:
looks like it could still work with out having to swap new door trims for old door trims. i say some test fitting is in order

I think the 05-08 door trims will fit perfectly to the door frame...its just the plastic face that has changed. I'm about to get a set from an 08 and put on my truck so I can put a set of x panels in my truck.

For those interested in getting a set that may not have all the funds up front...I will do a half now-half later kinda thing. Just like putting a deposit and reserving a set. If this sounds like a plan to anyone then let me know. I've stopped making them at the moment until the first set gets sold. I don't want to sit on all these sets and not have a new home to go to.

widdoz runner

Reaction score
bro you got bad luck cause gadget has his gb going on but i was wondering how much does the install normally run/ how difficult is it to install yourself???(hence why when you had mentioned the whole door panel i was down)

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
widdoz runner said:
bro you got bad luck cause gadget has his gb going on but i was wondering how much does the install normally run/ how difficult is it to install yourself???(hence why when you had mentioned the whole door panel i was down)

If you plan to do it yourself it should be free lol. If you bring it to a shop I'm sure every shop will be priced differently. You have to cut a big hole into your stock panels for the sub box to fit through and holes for the mounting bolts to go through. And trim about an inch around the rim of where the sub box fits into the actual door behind the panel. And Jim from XK said if you want a seamless look between the stock and x panels then you can get some tile grout from a tile place that is extremely close to stock grey and add it to the seam and smooth it out.

widdoz runner

Reaction score
k i was thinking it was gonna have to be moldded in or something maybe there is a write up on it or you got instructions???

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
widdoz runner said:
k i was thinking it was gonna have to be moldded in or something maybe there is a write up on it or you got instructions???

All I have is pictures of different phases of the install from Jim and others that have them.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
There will be a very limited run of these so get them while you can before I pack everything up and put the supplies away

Scarface

Reaction score
There will be a very limited run of these so get them while you can before I pack everything up and put the supplies away

Notice how it doesn't say stop making them altogether. :top:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Scarface said:
Notice how it doesn't say stop making them altogether. :top:

It may come to that. These thing are time consuming and expensive to make and if there is no demand then there will be no production. I'm gonna give it a little time but I will not mass produce these like I planned to.

kcidmil

Reaction score
It'll be a shame if you have to stop production.

The timing couldn't have been better though. Wife called and said a couple of more checks came in from trading in our Tundra. After a little back and forth and finding how much did come in, the sequence went thus.

1. AFE intake w/ urd MAF cal
2. Drop kit for XR
3. Headlights and tail lights for XR
4. Bumper for Xterra
5. Roof rack for Xterra.

and then at the last minute I remember you selling the panels. After a little convincing (begging on my part) I convinced the boss to let me order it. I can't wait to get these babies installed.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I wish I could try to make some but there was pretty much no interest in these so I couldn't move forward with any of the plans I had.

Coupe

Reaction score
I would probably make a set or two and sit on them. That's provided you can afford the material cost. You will catch someone on an impulse buy. Of course, they will want the panels "right now" and not in 3 weeks.

It will take an investment on your end to do it this way. You may have your money tied up for awhile, before you get a pay day.

The set I had, took a few months before some one came up with the money. With that model in mind, you may be able to sell one every 4 ~ 6 months. I would tailor my stock and my available time around that schedule.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Coupe said:
I would probably make a set or two and sit on them. That's provided you can afford the material cost. You will catch someone on an impulse buy. Of course, they will want the panels "right now" and not in 3 weeks.

It will take an investment on your end to do it this way. You may have your money tied up for awhile, before you get a pay day.

The set I had, took a few months before some one came up with the money. With that model in mind, you may be able to sell one every 4 ~ 6 months. I would tailor my stock and my available time around that schedule.

I actually have enough materials to make about 6-8 more sets on top of the three sets I have that need to be completed lol. I just don't have the time to really do anything since I'm working nights right now. I need to complete the three sets I have then I will feel a little better. One set will be going in my truck, one for a fellow XRU member and the last for an email buyer.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Bump for anyone else interested. I'm about to pack up the supplies to make room in the garage. If anyone wants a set then let me know.

Top Bottom