Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

'06-'11 headlight and grill on a '13 X?

XRUNNAH808

Reaction score
Is it possible to change the headlights and grille on a 2013 X? The 06-011 headlights look nice and its hard to find a custom 2013 grill for the X.

06 xrunner

Reaction score
You could do a BHLM (black headlight mod) to your lights and/or put some projectors in them
and for the grille you could do a recessed grille mod.not sure if there is any after market ones out there maybe try grillcraft

not sur if the pieces from 05-11 fit the 13

XRUNNAH808

Reaction score
You could do a BHLM (black headlight mod) to your lights and/or put some projectors in them
and for the grille you could do a recessed grille mod.not sure if there is any after market ones out there maybe try grillcraft

not sur if the pieces from 05-11 fit the 13

Alright thanks, just that I gotta look for another set of '13 headlights, because I would feel like I'll ruin them.

06 xrunner

Reaction score
I did mine and a fellow members a few months back and was nervous about it too but it was a lot easier than i thought and no problems at all man

justin13703

Reaction score
I'll swap you my entire 07 front clip for your entire '13 front clip. Already has bhlm and grillcraft grill. Problem solved lol

06 xrunner

Reaction score
I found some grills, but last time i ordered from there it came broken, but they sent another pair and it was just bug deflectors but here the link...

http://www.carid.com/2013-toyota-tacoma-grill/

Yeah there's some nice looking ones on there..i know a few people who have ordered from there before without any problems..maybe something happened during shipping but at least they replaced them

not sure if you go on tacomaworld forum at all but there is a guy named homertaco on there who does recessed grills for you using a new grill so you don't have to cut yours..not sure about the 13 though you could always check

XRUNNAH808

Reaction score
I'll swap you my entire 07 front clip for your entire '13 front clip. Already has bhlm and grillcraft grill. Problem solved lol

haha i wish, but i think there are different, but not sure. I like the new look, but at the same time not feeling the grill at all.

Yeah there's some nice looking ones on there..i know a few people who have ordered from there before without any problems..maybe something happened during shipping but at least they replaced them

probably because I live in hawaii, once my deflectors came the box was messed up, but glad that I contacted them immediately and got replaced ones.

Last edited:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Grill craft makes the mesh grilles in both black and polished and the billet style grilles that look great. The BHLM is not that bad at all if you have a little patience and an ounce of common sense. Other wise you can trade an entire front clip if you want to go the the older style. Best of luck!

Jaxpiercer904

Reaction score
Someone on here put a 13 front end on an 06, I'm sure the reverse is possible

Tunedx

Reaction score
I will swap u front ends. Bhlm with projector retrofit, billet front grill and evo mod.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Shipping to 808 from canuckistan, would be cheaper for both to just buy a new front end.....

Tunedx

Reaction score
Unless someone states side wants to do the swap. We can meet up..

III

Reaction score
sup X ill trade u da whole front end ! stock for stock but i in hawaii already... u goin da cruize tmrw ?

Last edited:

XRUNNAH808

Reaction score
sup X ill trade u da whole front end ! stock for stock but i in hawaii already... u goin da cruize tmrw ?

I'll just keep the front, and I can't drive until February, and my dad is sick so I can't make it.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
70a57ec8.jpg

TOY-1951-BAC.jpg

Considering these inserts too
29-6612_.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom