Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

08 RR with PE Full Metal Jackrabbit & spoiler

MaxLatG

Reaction score
As promised, here's the end result (56k warning):

Attachments

• XR PE 01.jpg
    XR PE 01.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 123
  • XR PE 02.jpg
    XR PE 02.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 151
  • XR PE 04.jpg
    XR PE 04.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 147
  • XR PE 05.jpg
    XR PE 05.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 130
  • XR PE 03.jpg
    XR PE 03.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 144

MaxLatG

Reaction score
Pace Edwards.
Don't choke, but it was $1100 installed.

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
Whew! That's alot of $$$$. It looks good and it keeps the sports look..:top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
uh oh... I was gonna go this route, but I don't like this on RR as much as I thought I would :hmmmm2:

It's still nice, but I guess I got used to the color-matched look of the other tonneau covers.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Looks good, but I think you need a little more black colored accents on the truck to really make it work (visually).

One thing... the rails along the side of the bed look like they are angled slightly up. Make sure you didn't put the mounting brackets upside down. Each bracket is slightly tapered and are supposed to be mounted pointed down into the bed.

Can't tell for sure on the pics, but you might want to check... I had to flip some of mine over!

Glad it worked out for you. I love mine too!

4VsX

Reaction score
That looks really good on a RR. Nice choice! Very nice choice! :top:

MaxLatG

Reaction score
Looks good, but I think you need a little more black colored accents on the truck to really make it work (visually).

One thing... the rails along the side of the bed look like they are angled slightly up. Make sure you didn't put the mounting brackets upside down. Each bracket is slightly tapered and are supposed to be mounted pointed down into the bed.

Can't tell for sure on the pics, but you might want to check... I had to flip some of mine over!

The guy installing it didn't give me the warm fuzzies - I'm happy with the look, but not with the operation. I'm downloading the installation manual right now. Do it right, do it yourself right?

4VsX

Reaction score
If you want it done right do it yourself! Yup! Im geting mine this week sometimes and it cant be a bad install at all. Plus BSP06XRU has installed it! :top:

MaxLatG

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up, only one bracket was installed correctly. Works much better, looks better, I'm happy.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, only one bracket was installed correctly. Works much better, looks better, I'm happy.

Glad to be of help to a member of our XR-U family!:biggrin:

PLCX

Reaction score
that looks great, do you think you can paint it?

KX7

Reaction score
I love it thats the next thing I'm gonna get!!! :top:

MaxLatG

Reaction score
that looks great, do you think you can paint it?

I don't know. It's aluminum & got a slight texture to it, but it was painted once & with the right prep work, I don't see why not. I think color matched would really make the truck.

Top Bottom