Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

09-10 OEM rear view camera

MiamiAE86

Reaction score
well after checking out an 09 with the camera system they have i fell in love with it. its so clean and the picture is actually really good.
i was wondering if i could get all the parts from toyota and actually install it on my truck? would it be too much$$$?

blastap

Reaction score
i have a alpine hu that i added a backup camera to, there is a square hole in between tailgate and bumper. i mounted it behind that hole, you cant see it at all if your behind me...but i can see you!

darthyota

Reaction score
the older 4x4 trucks have the back up cam as an option as i have seen a couple rolling around so all the wiring should be there

jeffrey.f.tsai

Reaction score
Just installed a boyo back up camera, but it's a license plate camera. It only cost a hundred bucks on amazon, and I installed it myself last week. Took about 4 hrs ( I took my time making the wiring all neat). I already had an after market Pioneer stereo system with a 7 " LCD screen so just needed the camera part. I think Gentex makes a rearview mirror with a small display which is around 300-400 bucks, but then you also need to get a camera as well for the back... I haven't seen toyota make one yet, but could be wrong. NAPA sells a wireless system (camera and monitor I think for 100-200 dollars)

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I called my local dealer on this last week..............go aftermarket.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$....they wanted $700+ :thumpdown: just for parts

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
Just installed a boyo back up camera, but it's a license plate camera. It only cost a hundred bucks on amazon, and I installed it myself last week. Took about 4 hrs ( I took my time making the wiring all neat). I already had an after market Pioneer stereo system with a 7 " LCD screen so just needed the camera part. I think Gentex makes a rearview mirror with a small display which is around 300-400 bucks, but then you also need to get a camera as well for the back... I haven't seen toyota make one yet, but could be wrong. NAPA sells a wireless system (camera and monitor I think for 100-200 dollars)

2009 xrunners have a backup cam as a standard feature. :smile:

and for the price toyota wants to upgrade a PRE 09', I'd just buy aftermarket.

I've got an eclipse AVN 6600 with backup cam, nav, and dvd and Ipod control.
pretty sure you can get all of that cheaper than what yota wants for the factory cam and install.

nine9six

Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping to find that they were going to be a little cheaper than they are. Looks like this won't be going down for a WHILE!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing a modified 09+ unit. I'm going to run an Alpine HCE camera, mounted on an 09+ tailgate handle made for the rearview camera. Then hook that into Alpine W205. Should do the trick.

Wizard

Reaction score
I'm planning on doing a modified 09+ unit. I'm going to run an Alpine HCE camera, mounted on an 09+ tailgate handle made for the rearview camera. Then hook that into Alpine W205. Should do the trick.
Me too. I bought my 09+ handle on Friday and ordered my Eclipse BEC-108 camera from Amazon yesterday. This will be tied in to my Eclipse 726E.

nine9six

Reaction score
Me too. I bought my 09+ handle on Friday and ordered my Eclipse BEC-108 camera from Amazon yesterday. This will be tied in to my Eclipse 726E.

How much will you have tied up into everything when it's "said and done"?

Wizard

Reaction score
How much will you have tied up into everything when it's "said and done"?
Headunit $650 BNIB from Amazon
Camera $$165 BNIB from Amazon
09+ handle $70 from dealer

Total: $885 out the door :)

nine9six

Reaction score
That's the break-down I was looking for. Thanks! :smile:

MiamiAE86

Reaction score
well it looks like ill be hooking up boats the old fashioned way.lol

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Pretty nice std equipment if it's gonna cost almost a grand to upgrade. Reminds me of the alarm differences from 05.

Wizard

Reaction score
Pretty nice std equipment if it's gonna cost almost a grand to upgrade. Reminds me of the alarm differences from 05.
How do you figure? I now have navigation, handsfree bluetooth phone abilities, ability to play DVD's etc. These features aren't standard equipment. Or am I misunderstanding you?

IMO, I paid $235 to upgrade to 09 status. :smile:

nine9six

Reaction score

Not to go off topic (I would never do that :laugh:) but what is the difference in the alarms?

Top Bottom