Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

09+ led tails on my 08 rr

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Thanks to xero sin I got these bad boys in the mail yesterday and thought Id post some pics since I havent seen too many rr's around with these installed.

IMG_0049-1.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0054-1.jpg

I was a little worried about how they would look but I think they came out pretty good. I have plans on smokin them out and maybe buy the 3rd brake light to match... but I dont know yet, Im pretty happy with the new look so far.

Thanks again xero sin.

firesquare16

Reaction score
I love them. i wish they can make a clear 3rd brake light cover so my LED replacement bulbs would match that type of setup.

I would love to pick up a set of those lights though.

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
thanks again my friend...im glad someone could make some use out of them...i like how the red in the tails seem to blend in with your paint...looking real smooth

Murderface

Reaction score
They do look awesome! After seeing another member sell his brand new LED tails for $150 I just can't get it outta my head to pay how much u did to get them. Still cheaper then from the stealership however.

They will look great smoked out along with the 3rd brake lite. Just don't buy the smoked tail lite covers like I did, someone ended up liking them more then I did apparently.

TRDrunner07

Reaction score
anybody check out ebay lately? there is this one store on there that has OEM replacement head/tail light assemblies just with a black housing. looks pretty sick!!

RRCanuck

Reaction score
They do look awesome! After seeing another member sell his brand new LED tails for $150 I just can't get it outta my head to pay how much u did to get them. Still cheaper then from the stealership however.

Thanks man, I acutally only ended up paying $220 which included shipping from hawaii, plus a bit of duty tax because someone forgot to send it as a gift... but ya. Haha. These look brand new though. Ive heard of people paying double that for OEM lights, which is defenitely pretty damn steep but its hard to beat the quality.

anybody check out ebay lately? there is this one store on there that has OEM replacement head/tail light assemblies just with a black housing. looks pretty sick!!

Do some research before you buy any aftermarket lights off of ebay. They claim to be OEM replacements, which they are but they are not OEM quality. There are a lot of members on here who have had issues with the ebay lights but there are some who have not. Some guys claim that they peel, fade, leak and even give off scattered light, so be careful.

Do it right and grab a set of OEM lights off someone here, they go up for sale pretty often.

Last edited:

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
rr canuk...thanks for vouching man...i never try to gouge anyone especially if im selling to my xru family LOL...i thought the price was very reasonable...again looking real good on your truck

rios

Reaction score
i switched to these tail lights at the beginning of the summer and i absolutely love them.

they look great! :top:

RRCanuck

Reaction score
rr canuk...thanks for vouching man...i never try to gouge anyone especially if im selling to my xru family LOL...i thought the price was very reasonable...again looking real good on your truck

Man no worries, I was kidding around. I just didnt expect to pay any taxes when I went to the post office. I know you wouldnt go out of your way to do that, well I would hope so atleast. Hahaha. I got them for an awesome price so Ive got no complaints.

Thanks again though man, they look great. A lot of compliments so far... after I point them out. Haha.

i switched to these tail lights at the beginning of the summer and i absolutely love them.

they look great! :top:

Thanks bud. A quick easy install and they give the truck more of a custom look. No need to worry about burnt out brake lights from now on... cant beat that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom