Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1 last question bout bhlm

Xtacy

Reaction score
just finished spray painting it...now both headlights are in 3 diff pieces. There still is a lot of silicone from the stock housing that is a bltch to get off, whats the next step? i know im supposed to bake it, but what pieces need to be baked?:stupid:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
put everything back together but don't force the housing back together. then place it in the oven. The sealant will get soft and almost suck the two pieces back together.
I stopped after that, but some guys like to put a bead of silicone around the seam just to be on the safe side

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
After you've finished spraying it with how ever many coats you desired (and most importantly letting it dry for an adequate amount of time)

Then put the two halves back into the oven to soften up that factory caulk. 5 minutes should be good.. press them back together as hard as you can, and throw another bead of silicone all the way around it.

NOTE: Don't put the hex screws and all the plastic siht back in until after you've baked it, obviously. :p

Here's the write up:

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=70

Stevenredx

Reaction score
put everything back together but don't force the housing back together. then place it in the oven. The sealant will get soft and almost suck the two pieces back together.
I stopped after that, but some guys like to put a bead of silicone around the seam just to be on the safe side

:dito: leave the old sealant on there and after baking squeeze the pieces back together, i do suggest a bead of silicone afterwords tho. The first time i did mine i didn't do that and they lasted over a year that way until they finally got a leak.

rich017

Reaction score
After they are sealed up inject silicone into the seam of the the housing all the way round the headlight

Viet2100

Reaction score
When putting the middle painted piece in, start with the pointy end (where the side marker is) and the rest will fall into place with little to no force. This way it does not chip.

Xtacy

Reaction score
thanks again guys, it looks great!!!

Top Bottom