Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

$10,000 to blow ideas and comments?

Wickd X

Reaction score
Well first off i apologize in advance for the long length of this post and if its in the wrong area but im new here and this seemed the place to start and I want to be as clear as possible so I can get clear answers. Now then I have a 05 SWB XR with TRD Cai, TRD BBK and URD ss. These are the only performance mods on the truck so far. I also have a 3/4 DJM kit that has sat in my grauge for the last 2 years (long story moved 3 times) the paint on it is flaking off and no good I have a quote to have it striped and powder coated for $300 but first I plan to get the 3" blocks for a 3/3 drop and not because I don't want to notch it i just like the stock stance with the rake in it. Now then as the title states I've saved up 10k to spend on my truck so far my list is: TRD S/C with the URD 2.7" pulley which of course I then need the APR 7th injector, X-One ecu with thermostat and cam gears and the 255 Walbro fuel pump from URD. All of that adds up to $6325 So what should I do with the other $3675. I will be doing all the work and installs myself so theirs no labor costs. I do know that I need some gauges such as boost and AFR widband and I was thinking of some subs and raammat and ensolite to keep sound in and road noise out.

P.S Nothing against URD (for those of you who might suggest it) but I don't want URD S/C I'm just a TRD buff.

SO then what else do you guys think I should/need to get in order to get the most out of my XR.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
With all the air coming in, you will need to get it out. Headers, y-pipe, catback (or dual exhaust if you choose).

With all that power you will want to have traction. Some nice wide/sticky tires, traction bars would be a great addition.

Murderface

Reaction score
How bout some Sittin Sic sway bars? Most of the other stuff was covered

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
wow... way to stimulate the economy :smile:

I'll have $10,000 someday :laugh:

nine9six

Reaction score
wow... way to stimulate the economy :smile:

I'll have $10,000 someday :laugh:

Right?!

It's sweet that you're hooking your ride up like this. You will be keeping us up-to-date with the addition of goodies....right?? :smile:

ntinhri

Reaction score
Id get the ARP 2.7 pulley and a nst over drive pulley, URD trac bar, sitten sic track drop, Q1 ones and some gauges..

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
well even though modding your x is super fun and its even more to drive it after the mods are done....... i would suggest saving a little bit bro. save 1500 or so and put the rest in the truck. just some advice.

now as for the mod suggestions. i would definitely say a good set of tires. they're just ad important when it comes to traction as anything else. also pick up some good fluids. oil and filter trans oil and diff oil. longevity is important. as well. be smart about it and don't break your shit. oh yeah. clutch and flywheel would be a good idea also.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
honest to god, If i had 10g's, id pay the x off, or damn near get it close.... no principal means more mods! (that is unless yours is already paid off)

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I'd go with XrunnIT and get headers and a catback. Then with all that power, I would get a good set or tires and wheels. That's just me though....

If I had $10,000 I'd definitely get the S/C and then put the rest towards payment.

sixstringdave

Reaction score
honest to god, If i had 10g's, id pay the x off, or damn near get it close.... no principal means more mods! (that is unless yours is already paid off)

Best advice so far. As someone who is juggling a house mortgage and 2 car payments i couldnt agree more with this advice. But thats just me. Looks like everything else was covered. Good luck on whatever you choose and welcome to the sight:top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
For someone to come out and say they have 10Gs "to blow" on a 05 truck, my first assumption is that said person at least has the title to the vehicle. :dontknow:

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score

THIS.

THIS THIS THIS THIS.

Damn. I need to work harder.

Wickd X

Reaction score
Well just to put you guys at ease the 10k i have to blow is after I pay the X off i only owe $ 5780 on the truck and will have that payed off by the end of may then I have the 10k to blow on mods mwahahaha I have been saving for the last 4 years to do this I, unlike most people don't like to do a little here and a little there I wanted to do everything in one shot. By the way I live in Modesto ca and if anyone is close I wouldn't mind a hand or two once all the parts are in. And thx for the comments and ideas keep em coming I won't be placing my order for parts till the X is payed off at the end of may.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
For someone to come out and say they have 10Gs "to blow" on a 05 truck, my first assumption is that said person at least has the title to the vehicle. :dontknow:
That assumption would be incorrect on this website :laugh: I agree with you, but in the same sense you never know :frown:

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
What happened to that other kid who said he had unlimited funds to mod his X!?

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
sell the truck. take monies and 10K and buy a real sports car :crinklehair:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
you want just performance? Or looks and performance?
Supercharger, X-1, fuel upgrades, full exhaust
Nice wheels and tires. Stereo, subs Just start buying until you run out of money. :crinklehair:

Top Bottom