Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

100 octane

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
A station down the street from me has 100 ($6.75-gallon) and 110 @ $7.25 a gallon.
Hmmmmm. :rock::rock::rock:

The only problem is you never know how long it's been in their tanks. I don't know how fast they go through the 100 to keep it fresh. It's tempting to throw some 100 in.

MplsX

Reaction score
The only thing it should hurt is your wallet!

fmap4life

Reaction score
according to everything I have read it is not worth it, I was gonna run some 115 but without anything to change fuel management, etc. Its pointless. I dunno to be honest but thats what I read here. let us know what it runs like, wait duh u do that stuff, LMAO

MplsX

Reaction score
It should help, the oil companies profit margin. It shouldn't make your truck run any better though.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Gadget should be able too hook you up with a 100 octane tune you can throw on a thumb drive. Take advantage of the extra power potential. :top:

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Just make sure its 100 or 115 octane unleaded. The only reason i say that us because a station down the way from me sells 107 octane, but its leaded fuel. I would blow every sensor in the truck if I ran leaded fuel.

Just be careful and let us know what happens.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Just make sure its 100 or 115 octane unleaded. The only reason i say that us because a station down the way from me sells 107 octane, but its leaded fuel. I would blow every sensor in the truck if I ran leaded fuel.

Just be careful and let us know what happens.

Good point. Running leaded fuel would be a costly mistake.

fmap4life

Reaction score
I member when lead was a good thing, than they took it outta my solder, bastards!

Murderface

Reaction score
Gadget put down some nice #'s with the race gas:top: for me it's not worth it to run 100 or anything above since I'm running E85 which is cooler and has a hi octane rating:rock:

MplsX

Reaction score
Here in Minneapolis you can find a very few places that sell leaded as well as ethanol free gas. The gas nozzle is a large diameter and won't fit in any modern gas tank filler. Here is a link to ethanol free gas stations in the US. http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=MN

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I member when lead was a good thing, than they took it outta my solder, bastards!

I use to run it in my prostreet '83 Chevy c-10, and it was awesome. But I do have to say I could notice when running it because it would run warmer, but it was hella fast.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
i ran some Shell unleaded 110 and my truck sprouted wings and flew..... real talk

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
I wasn't going to fill up on it until I found out info on the topic. It is unleaded.
CD-E85 is only at select stations and nothing close to home and one in Oakland...uh I'll pass. The is one 3 exits out of my way on the way home but I never seem to need gas at that point. I may have to try it. If my memory from the other thread is right...it's ok to run E85 with the 668 tune and NOT to run 91 on the E85 tune.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
I found a spot where E85 is $3.19-gallon. It beats $4.o4 for 91 at the same station.
Is it cool to run E85 with the S/C and 668...hit up the topic...I need to fill up in the morning.

Thanks.

rexrunner

Reaction score
A station down the street from me has 100 ($6.75-gallon) and 110 @ $7.25 a gallon.
Hmmmmm. :rock::rock::rock:

The only problem is you never know how long it's been in their tanks. I don't know how fast they go through the 100 to keep it fresh. It's tempting to throw some 100 in.

around here 100 ius only like 3 bucks :laugh: e85 mang

blueblazeracer

Reaction score
leaded gas will kill your cats if you have them. I ran 101 unleaded at all the national races for that extra little boost. You really dont feel the gain unless you have a tune for it. Chances are toyota never tuned the ecu for the really good stuff but you can try it. 101 was 7.40 a gallon but at least its been that price for 3 years where I pick it up at.

livinginsa

Reaction score
Gadget should be able too hook you up with a 100 octane tune you can throw on a thumb drive. Take advantage of the extra power potential. :top:

Yes, make sure you have the tune for it, otherwise you are just making the gas companies rich. 100 octane won't do you any good if you don't have the tune for it.

Murderface

Reaction score
I found a spot where E85 is $3.19-gallon. It beats $4.o4 for 91 at the same station.
Is it cool to run E85 with the S/C and 668...hit up the topic...I need to fill up in the morning.

Thanks.

Derrick u need to do a data log first and see what ur injector duty cycle is for ur primaries because I bet u won't have the room to run E85 with no 7th injector. The 7th really helps lower the IDC of the primaries a lot.
I'm sure that the answer could just be NO plain and simple but doesn't hurt to see where the primaries IDC is at.

Top Bottom