Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

'11 Xrunner idle question

jrb4150

Reaction score
I've had my 2011 XR for about a 1000 miles now. My question is around the engine idle. When shifting the engine rpm's don't immediately return to idle. When shifting to neutral and cruising to a stop it does not return to idle immediately. It will hold 1500 to 1800 rpm for several seconds and when shifting it sounds as though you've never taken your foot off the accelerator. I mentioned this to a service writer at Toyota and he said if there wasn't an error code, then there wasn't a problem. This isn't the manual transmission I learned on... Any thoughts?

LOW AND BLOWN

Reaction score
Its normal, or at least all I have seen do this, your ok though:beavbutt:

x-driver21

Reaction score
normal as far as i kno dude. i hav the exact same thing. x runners seem to idle higher than u wuld think

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Mine does the exact same thing I just don't pay attention to it anymore

Murderface

Reaction score
Get a lite weight flywheel from URD and u won't have that issue anymore:top:

jrb4150

Reaction score
exactly, it last for a couple of seconds. So, this is drive by wire...sad. Thanks!! Nice knowing it's not just me...

MaGicBaLooT8o8

Reaction score
i have had that problem after i disconnected the batteries and re-connected it. would rev at 2,000rpm. i shut off the engine, and cranked it up again, and it was running perfectly fine. maybe the throttle position sensor? idk but i hopefully it stops.

bluuge

Reaction score
have the same problem... was told it was an emissions issue but im not wrapping my head around that.

burnboy

Reaction score
Its an emmissions thing. It is possible due to drive by wire but not because of. But it is on purpose.

Any leftover emmissions are spent before idle on decel. A vehicle emmits more harmful things at an idle. A motorcycle emmits 3 times a diesel truck at idle supposedly. That's why.

Last edited:
Top Bottom