Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

15" 1000 watt sub in 2008 access cab

URD S.S.

Reaction score
I have a 15" sub in slot vented rectangular enclosure (22"W x 18"L x 18"H)
which way should i face it for the loudest output OUTSIDE the truck?
anyone have any experiences with sub firing in access cabs?
i tried experimenting but they all sound the same to me. lol

Iggy08

Reaction score
For the most part, i don't think it matters which way they face. Subs produce deep, low, "booming", sound waves that are multi-directional. So they'll sound loud no matter where you are. This is just from what I've read and heard, correct me if I'm wrong

X-roller

Reaction score
OUTSIDE the truck is gonna be an issue... bass is good in a confined space which is why they require a box to vent out the base thru confined spaces (bandpass, ported, etc) it all varies but if you are looking for sound outside the truck I would recommend more subs.... one 15" isn't gonna do much unless it's a jackhammer or a w7 which those 13's are just wow.... solarbaric makes pretty good subs.... you are just gonna need some serious thump for something that is going to be sitting outside your truck if you wanna be happy with the sound inside of your truck....

x-runner808

Reaction score
outside??
thats gonna look kool..
but u are not gonna get a good bass out of it..

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
outside??
thats gonna look kool..
but u are not gonna get a good bass out of it..

I think the sub will be inside the cab but he wants it to be heard by others outside. The ground-shaking bass we've all heard before.

Gotta go for max SPL. The direction you face the subs will make no discernible difference to people outside the truck, you just have to make sound waves with high enough energy to shake the truck and pass all the way through to the stuff outside of it.

URD S.S.

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys but i found that downfiring gave me the loudest output inside and outside the truck.
How are you guys running your subs???

teamben158

Reaction score
Get a bed cap.
Put the box in the bed of the truck.
Sawzall the rear wall out.

Boom!

Top Bottom