Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

18X9.5 20mm Offset????

MXXN

Reaction score
I searched and I think the closest post I came up with was Shooks ride of the month at 25mm offset on 18X10s on the rear.

The rims I have been wanting are on sale but only in the 20mm offset. I think I can pull it off in the rear but man the front might be pushing the ghetto look. Offset calculator puts it at 29mm out from stock:ahhhhh: I just dont want it sticking out past the fender flair obnoxiously

Anyone running this size or something close

Tires will be 285/35/18 Do you think this is maybe to much tire for the front???? I wouldnt mind going an offset tire size up front but I rather be able to rotate front to rear.

I'm sticking with 18s for personal preference$$$

Truck is on SOS at 1.5" both ends. Clearance shouldn't be an issue.

I hate to miss this deal but if it isn't gonna work then so be it

Thanks for the input!

Stevenredx

Reaction score
IMO, thats to much for the front. In order for it to look right you will need a narrower wheel up front. Just my .02 :top:

BlackCat

Reaction score
I've got 245/40 with 20 x 8.5 with 20mm offsets on all four corners. Tires sit about the same in the fenders as with the stock 255/45 with 18x8.5 on 30mm offsets. No clearance issues, I even jacked up a rear corner to squat the front end down and steered left and right to check.

MXXN

Reaction score
IMO, thats to much for the front. In order for it to look right you will need a narrower wheel up front. Just my .02 :top:

I'm leaning towards the same opinion.

If the wheel was only 8.5" I wouldn't sweat it. The prob is that much of the extra inch is on the "front" of the wheel.

Keep the input coming

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I'm running 24 X 9.5 and I still have a little bit of room to work with. My tires are 275/25/ZR24 with a 15 offset.

You wont have the ghetto look, mine sit perfectly flush with the fender flares...so yours will sit just barely INSIDE the fender, not OUT:top: ...

If you went to a 10 or 5 offset, then you would be pushing the ghetto look:ahhhhh:

MXXN

Reaction score
Dayum thems some big wheels

You said 24x9.5 but your cardomain states 9" I looked at some of your pics on page 3 and if they wouldn't sit out any further then yours I think I could live with it.

I just don't want the wheel out past the fender at either end.

input ,input, input:top:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Dayum thems some big wheels

You said 24x9.5 but your cardomain states 9" I looked at some of your pics on page 3 and if they wouldn't sit out any further then yours I think I could live with it.

I just don't want the wheel out past the fender at either end.

input ,input, input:top:
Havent changed my cardomain page...dont go on that too much anymore... they are 9.5...

If you look at some of my other pics on there from when I had 22's on it; I had a 10 offset, and you can see how they barely stuck out past the flares (I hated it)...my wheels that I have now with the 15 offset are perfect...IMO.

CBRBob

Reaction score
I have 18x9.5 all around. I bought two 285/40-18 42mm offest and put them on two wheels and tried them up front with the SOS kit. No rubbing, never hit. So I put them on the back and am using the stock tires on 9.5s up front till I wear them out.

The 285/40 is the same diameter as the stock tire. Using a 285/35 will make the wheel/tire look lost in the well since it will be oven an inch smaller.

42mm offset moves a 9.5" wide rim out 1/4", does not make it stick out excessively at all.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
42mm offset moves a 9.5" wide rim out 1/4", does not make it stick out excessively at all.

:hmmmm2: ...........42mm?....wow...those wheels have to be WAY inside your fender well. Mine are 15 offset, stockers are about 30, and yours is 42?...:dontknow:

MXXN

Reaction score
I meant 40 series, I was looking into a wider tire on the rears and misswrote 35 with the 285.

CBRBob

Reaction score
:hmmmm2: ...........42mm?....wow...those wheels have to be WAY inside your fender well. Mine are 15 offset, stockers are about 30, and yours is 42?...:dontknow:

Nooooo. If you read it, I said they stick 1/4" farther out than stock since they are 9.5" wheels.

The thing most people don't realize about the XR is that the fender flares taper so far inward as they go down. From the top the wheel may look like it is too far in the well, but from behind the tire is already sticking out! If you get a wheel that is flush with the top of the flare, so much sticks out down low that it will throw so much water and debris that you may lose your paint quickly. You may not have to worry about this if it's a show truck, you only drive it when its sunny or it never rains there.

fendtop.jpg

fendfront.jpg

Raversman

Banned
Reaction score
i think your X would look funky if you got 9.5" wide rims with a 20mm offset and put them in the front.

Havent changed my cardomain page...dont go on that too much anymore... they are 9.5...

If you look at some of my other pics on there from when I had 22's on it; I had a 10 offset, and you can see how they barely stuck out past the flares (I hated it)...my wheels that I have now with the 15 offset are perfect...IMO.

If I remember correctly your wheels are Baccarat Fusion right? They don't make those in a 9.5" for the 24. Your rims are only 9" wide. As for your offset...:hmmmm2:

Last edited by a moderator:

project-c2

Reaction score
Next up. I am in the process of ordering 18x 9.5 all around with a +25 offset. I think it woll work. Wanted the curved spoke look.

Raversman

Banned
Reaction score
Next up. I am in the process of ordering 18x 9.5 all around with a +25 offset. I think it woll work. Wanted the curved spoke look.
If you go with that setup,all your wheels will stick out about an inch further than stock.

project-c2

Reaction score
That's what I was worried about. I used the rim calculator and it was like 0.9 in more than stock. SHRUG

rossboi

Reaction score
That's what I was worried about. I used the rim calculator and it was like 0.9 in more than stock. SHRUG

Yeah the +25 would be cutting it very close, i got +35 w/9.5 and its just inside the fender with about 1/2" to spare

project-c2

Reaction score
Well, I guess 30mm offset it is. Thanks guys. Sorry to go off topic.:frown:

CBRBob

Reaction score
30 will put the wheels 3/4" farther out than stock. Just about on the edge of saying bye to the paint on your fender.

project-c2

Reaction score
Chancing it and just got a +25mm offset. I'll post pics later.

Top Bottom