Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2 different spark plugs ?

denzel05

Reaction score
Just changed my plugs out with some denso iridiums, when doing this I noticed the 3 plugs on the drivers side were ngk, and the 3 on passenger side were densos. :hmmmm2: Not only that, but they were gapped completely different. Has anyone else seen this or had it happen to them ?

HiTek21

Reaction score
Others have had that before, I don't think its too uncommon.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
ya this is pretty common. Nothing to worry about.

denzel05

Reaction score
Thanks guys, yeah I'm not to concerned about it, just wondering why Toyota would do that.

MancheX

Reaction score
Ketchup and I just did our plugs this week, and it was the same with our trucks. they come from the factory like that for some reason.

DanNolan

Reaction score
thats bout the best reason, toyota has a contract with 2 companys to supply their spark plugs, so put both into the V6 to avoid causing issues with either one.

my 2.7 has sparks good for 100k miles and all same brand, so haha.

denzel05

Reaction score
Yeah that sounds like the reason, keep em both satisfied. jeez glad all four tires come the same..

DanNolan

Reaction score
some dude came up with the reason that each side has a different spacing and so a different brand is needed...but careful measurement of both revealed that to be bull...both sides are identical.

Top Bottom