Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2" Sittin Sic DROP!!!

TXR-HI

Reaction score
Does anyone here has a 2" Sittin Sic front Drop settup?. I want testimonial about it as well as camber issues and if it is able to be aligh to spec. Please advise. PM me if possible

mergen

Reaction score
sittin sic is only 1 3/4, but i think he will make you some custom springs if you want. I have the 1 3/4 and it will align right back perfect.

TXR-HI

Reaction score
thank you my friend, yes i spoke to shane, he is such a positive guy. he said that the kit is 1.75" (1 3/4") but he is able to construct me a 2" coil.

sittin sic is only 1 3/4, but i think he will make you some custom springs if you want. I have the 1 3/4 and it will align right back perfect.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
To be honest.... you may be pushing it with 2" and been able to get the alignment back in spec... I have heard before that the max you can go is the 1 3/4". I'M NOT SAYING IT WONT WORK, JUST SAYING WHAT I HAVE HEARD. If you do decide to go with it please keep us posted on how it works out :top:

TXR-HI

Reaction score
thanks (Stevenredx).. yeah ill keep you posted. Im looking to fill the gap between my 22" wheels on 35 series tire. I have a 1.5" sos and the gap is still too outrageous...

hrspwr236

Reaction score
i believe others have gotten theres to spec with the sittin sic, its the c2c that people seem to have problem getting them to spec, thats one reason i want the sittin sic and the performance too

Shanes56

Reaction score
To be honest.... you may be pushing it with 2" and been able to get the alignment back in spec... I have heard before that the max you can go is the 1 3/4". I'M NOT SAYING IT WONT WORK, JUST SAYING WHAT I HAVE HEARD. If you do decide to go with it please keep us posted on how it works out :top:

You are completely right Steve, -1.75" has not had an issue with alignment. A 2" coil is untested and I am guessing that you may have a small issue with getting it back to stock specs. It wont be horrible as long as you rotate your tires on a regular basis (as they should be) you could avoid abnormal wear on your tires, this is true with any drop!

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
Hey I'm really interested in this to. Shane if you could pm me with prices for a 2" spring, if I can I'll purchase them and see how everything will work. Looks like you know a little more about the suspension stuff then me so any other info you could provide would work to

Shanes56

Reaction score
PM sent :top:

Hey I'm really interested in this to. Shane if you could pm me with prices for a 2" spring, if I can I'll purchase them and see how everything will work. Looks like you know a little more about the suspension stuff then me so any other info you could provide would work to

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Does anyone here has a 2" Sittin Sic front Drop settup?. I want testimonial about it as well as camber issues and if it is able to be aligh to spec. Please advise. PM me if possible

Check out the Thoughts and Pics thread. This has pics and feedback on the drop. :top:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
With the stronger coil spring rate you can push the envelope a little more. 2" will probably be coming out soon. Shane, send me some 2" drop coils!! :laugh:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
With the stronger coil spring rate you can push the envelope a little more. 2" will probably be coming out soon. Shane, send me some 2" drop coils!! :laugh:

Coil spring rate will not effect the alignment of the truck.... It's the drop it's self, i know that the sos kit doesn't use new springs or even change your spring rate but it drops the truck in the same manner that the SS drop coils do (shortens/shorter spring). I know with the sos kit only comes out to a little over an 1.5" drop up front and this is putting the front end adjustment pretty close to the maximum. 1.75" has been proven to get in stock spec's by pretty much maxing out all the factory adjustment (not a bad thing tho, just nothing left for a more extreme drop) but I really think you might have some issues with a 2" front drop without new a-arms like the DJM.... Just my .02 :top:

Shanes56

Reaction score
Coil spring rate will not effect the alignment of the truck.... It's the drop it's self, i know that the sos kit doesn't use new springs or even change your spring rate but it drops the truck in the same manner that the SS drop coils do (shortens/shorter spring). I know with the sos kit only comes out to a little over an 1.5" drop up front and this is putting the front end adjustment pretty close to the maximum. 1.75" has been proven to get in stock spec's by pretty much maxing out all the factory adjustment (not a bad thing tho, just nothing left for a more extreme drop) but I really think you might have some issues with a 2" front drop without new a-arms like the DJM.... Just my .02 :top:

I agree, for the most part, Alignment will be the issue that you will face with a 2" drop, you are basically lowering the truck further than the adjustments allow. Camber plates make help this issue but unfortunately there are no caster camber plates available for our trucks.

But hey we wont know until some one tries it so PM me! :)

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Addy you not satisfy with the drop you got right now....

Stevenredx

Reaction score
But hey we wont know until some one tries it so PM me! :)

You are correct, i'll try a set at no cost :laugh:

Naw... really wish i didn't have the SOS kit already, i would defiantly jump on a set of your coils... great product bro. :top:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
I agree, for the most part, Alignment will be the issue that you will face with a 2" drop, you are basically lowering the truck further than the adjustments allow. Camber plates make help this issue but unfortunately there are no caster camber plates available for our trucks.

But hey we wont know until some one tries it so PM me! :) There already has been a couple members that have the 2"coil drop and did not recall any issues w/alignment. :driver:

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
I had 2" drop coils befor the DJM kit and was within factory specs. it was the ginormous tire gap that was the problem. :eviltongue: just kidding :biggrin:

Shanes56

Reaction score
Nice I forgot you had the two inch, but no wheel gap would probably to much gap for you HAHA j/k.

So your coils were with in stock spec even after they setled?

I had 2" drop coils befor the DJM kit and was within factory specs. it was the ginormous tire gap that was the problem. :eviltongue: just kidding :biggrin:

Top Bottom