Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2% Tint Anyone???

Xrunnah07

Reaction score
i want to get my front windows 2% cause my back windows had factory tint on it so wen i put 5 percent all around it makes it darker than the front

shook

Reaction score
Spray paint da buggah flat black !! :top:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
had 2.5 on my rear window in my ranger, and i couldnt see jack out of it at night. i couldnt imagine doing that on side windows.

XDsm

Reaction score
Yea I put 5% over the back tint and I can't see very well at night. I can't imagine how it would be in the front. You won't see ish. I remember XRobber put double 5% on his front. He had some pictures it was very dark.

project-c2

Reaction score
Might as well just spray paint em with double 5. :laugh:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I have 5% all the way around and nothing on the front windshield but you can't tell the back are any darker :top:

Picture_007edit_Large_.jpg

Natas

Reaction score
I have 5% on my front windows and 5% over 20% over factory tint on the rears. I don't think I would want my front windows any darker than 5%.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I have 5% all the way around and nothing on the front windshield but you can't tell the back are any darker :top:

you have any problems with inspection in NC since they check it?
My bro just moved to charlotte and it failed for 20%.

Just curious as to how you get around it.

Justin

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
you have any problems with inspection in NC since they check it?
My bro just moved to charlotte and it failed for 20%.

Just curious as to how you get around it.

Justin

Get in good with someone that does inspections. I live in a somewhat small town and know some people that owns shops that do them so i have no problems as long as it passes thru the obd test :top:

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
I,m thinking about getting my windshield tinted 50%. From what i've seen if the other window are about 35% it look great and you can still see where your going. I did the 5% on an old toy i had to open my door at night to see where i was backing!

AsianTaco

Reaction score
On my 97 Tacoma I had 2% all around and in the back and backsides already came factory tinted. During the day it was great no one could see in or out at night was a different story lol no one could see in and I couldn't see out. I had it on there for like a year or 2 and cops not once bothered me. But downside was at night I backed up into stuff because it was so dark. Sold the truck then I went to go get my X tinted and my old truck was there getting untinted haha.

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
20% all around is the best all around shade IMO. It's pretty dark to where it's hard to see in, but you can still see out at night just fine.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I,m thinking about getting my windshield tinted 50%. From what i've seen if the other window are about 35% it look great and you can still see where your going. I did the 5% on an old toy i had to open my door at night to see where i was backing!

If you need a shop to tint it for you, let me know. Alexrunner had his windshield done about a month ago at 50%; and after driving at night with it, he said he could go darker, that he couldnt even tell it was tinted. My friends who own the shop have all there cars tinted 5% ALL the way around (windshield included). But I think Alexrunner might get his windshield redone at 35%...and yes, all of the vehicles still pass inspection; if you need help with that as well, let me know! But it would have to be CASH ONLY.

Natas

Reaction score
If you need a shop to tint it for you, let me know. Alexrunner had his windshield done about a month ago at 50%; and after driving at night with it, he said he could go darker, that he couldnt even tell it was tinted. My friends who own the shop have all there cars tinted 5% ALL the way around (windshield included). But I think Alexrunner might get his windshield redone at 35%...and yes, all of the vehicles still pass inspection; if you need help with that as well, let me know! But it would have to be CASH ONLY.

I would be very interested in getting it done. I may have to make a road trip!! :biggrin:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I would be very interested in getting it done. I may have to make a road trip!! :biggrin:

why not, Alex drove down from Fairfax (about 1 hour away) to get his done because nobody where he lived would do it for him; they said it was "ILLEGAL":laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Natas

Reaction score
why not, Alex drove down from Fairfax (about 1 hour away) to get his done because nobody where he lived would do it for him; they said it was "ILLEGAL":laugh: ...F*ck the police!

That's exactly what I say!! I already have the 5% tint all around, I just need 35% or 20% on the windshield and I'm good! :biggrin:

It'll take me a little longer than 1 hour to get there though. :laugh: :driver:

TACOMATOSED

Reaction score
I Thought That In Virginia It Is Illegal? 50% Front Windows And Nothing Allowed On Windshield. I Don't Know About Where You Live, But The Popo Is Hot On Tint In Lynchburg...they Have Nothing Else Better To Do I Guess! I Have 35% On Front Windows And Factory On Back Windows And It Looks Pretty Damn Close ... Bit It Isn't Dark And I Am Still Surprised I Haven't Been Pulled!

Natas

Reaction score
I Thought That In Virginia It Is Illegal? 50% Front Windows And Nothing Allowed On Windshield. I Don't Know About Where You Live, But The Popo Is Hot On Tint In Lynchburg...they Have Nothing Else Better To Do I Guess! I Have 35% On Front Windows And Factory On Back Windows And It Looks Pretty Damn Close ... Bit It Isn't Dark And I Am Still Surprised I Haven't Been Pulled!

We don't really care if it's illegal, as long as it looks good!:rock: :biggrin:

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
i got 5% on the back of mines and i got double layer on the front 5% and 20%

im gonna re-do my front doors and just make it double 5 and add another layer of 5 on the back

Top Bottom