Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2 year record

Super Werty

Reaction score
Well today is the 2 year anniversary of my truck running 12.720 @ 106.20

I know it wont stay at the top forever, but I am still proud of the white beast for moving that fast! Got me thinking...do you think this will ever be beat? And if so what will it take?

I personally think this will be the fastest time for a stock engine. I think because the traction issues are so huge, it is going to take a built engine with a ton of power to overcome my huge launch advantage.

What do you guys think?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lxYtHKcyfc[/ame]

toyota_rod

Reaction score
ive been running against some modified diesels and when they launch in 4wd its insane on how much of a jump they can get over us...keep it up for repping the 1g!

Gadget

Reaction score
Still and always will be very impressive!!!

G

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
congrats on the record bro....but gotta remember one thing about being the champ

EVERYONE WANTS TO TAKE YOU DOWN :rofl:

Super Werty

Reaction score
congrats on the record bro....but gotta remember one thing about being the champ

EVERYONE WANTS TO TAKE YOU DOWN :rofl:

lol. in this case I actually would encourage it! back in the day myself and a few others used to post our race results all the time on xru and new parts seemed to be coming out on a regular basis. has really slowed down since then...miss those days

toyota_rod

Reaction score
super, do you ever go offroad??? You would dominate in the sand dune climbs!

KETCHUP

Reaction score
When you gonna get back to running again Will?

Super Werty

Reaction score
When you gonna get back to running again Will?

not sure I want to if you are refering to the track.

I just found out this week that the indian reservation is closing firebird in phoenix. So even if I wanted to race I may not have a good track anymore:thumbdown:

Workman3886

Reaction score
That's insane man, you'll hold that record for who knows how long. The traction issue is a biggie, I will say since I switched from those Goodyear tires to my 285 kdw2 tires I can actually hold grip through first gear (N/A, few bolt ons).

I know the F/I guys would still spin and break traction through second... Damn light ass end I tell you.

THE MACF

Reaction score
It still shouldn't count since it's not an X. LOL

I check in every now and then and it seems folks are getting inventive. Motor/trans swaps, 4.3tt, different rear ends.

A lot differnet than the days of seeing who could come the closest to 400whp on the TRD.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
X runner rtr ran 12.01

You would think that they could have had it a little quicker for that power. Sadly, they didn't.

It still shouldn't count since it's not an X. LOL

I check in every now and then and it seems folks are getting inventive. Motor/trans swaps, 4.3tt, different rear ends.

A lot differnet than the days of seeing who could come the closest to 400whp on the TRD.

Ahhh, reminiscing of the good ole days. ;) Still though. The record is held by an under 400whp TRD unit. Traction and auto. Curious how well that style truck would do with the MKIII today. Possibly even better. o_O

Super Werty

Reaction score
You would think that they could have had it a little quicker for that power. Sadly, they didn't.

Ahhh, reminiscing of the good ole days. ;) Still though. The record is held by an under 400whp TRD unit. Traction and auto. Curious how well that style truck would do with the MKIII today. Possibly even better. o_O

maybe we will have to find out....

and yea what ever happened to the RTR truck? they say they are gonna dial in the launch more and shoot for 11s and then they disappeared lol:hmmmm2:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score

Stock rear suspension probably had everything to do with it I imagine.
maybe we will have to find out....

and yea what ever happened to the RTR truck? they say they are gonna dial in the launch more and shoot for 11s and then they disappeared lol:hmmmm2:

They probably decided that they wasted enough money into that, sad thing is, if they put that motor into a 4x4 taco, would have probably ran that or faster, stock. no need for slicks and skinnies lol.

Top Bottom