Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2006 RR X

volfan4life

Reaction score
So ive had my X for about a year now. ive put FM exhaust, K&N CAI, vortex throttle body spacers, and couple other minor mods. Im really looking into start building for real now. but I want to start out with less expensive but power mods. more bang for the buck ya know. anybody got ideas on some less expensive mods to start out with. before I go straight into boosting.

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
This is in the FI mods section... so I'm going to recommend you go to the for sale section and pick up that MK2 SC for $2500 that's been on here forever. :)

SCs are the biggest bang for the buck on these trucks.

Or you could spend 5-600 on LT headers and get maybe 15hp.

Take off that throttle body spacer. It's not doing anything for you.

volfan4life

Reaction score
so you think putting a SC on without any aftermarket anything is a good idea? I figured getting new headers and what nots should go first.

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
A MK3 SC kit was the first go-fast mod I put on my truck. Made a huge difference even through bone stock exhaust.

justin13703

Reaction score
The mk1 supercharger was on my truck from when it was like a week old to when I sold the truck with 70k miles.

I couldn't imagine having owned that truck without it being supercharged. It takes it from a truck that's kind of fun to drive, to something that you actually look for reasons to drive it just because of how fun it is.

Don't waste time and money on little stuff. That mk2 setup is 2500 dollars and can put you around 400hp. You won't come even close to that for 2500 dollars worth of anything else.

Oh, and supercharging it when it is all stock is the best time to do it. Once that's out of the way you can start adding exhaust etc if you want. Other than the sc, mine was essentially stock engine wise the whole time I had it.

Trust us, boost it. And take off the throttle body spacer lol

Last edited:

volfan4life

Reaction score
well ya'll have pushed me enough lol. hopefully he still has it. im trying to grab it! thanks guys.

Top Bottom