Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2009-2010 Rear Interior Conversion

X-roller

Reaction score
Well I decided on converting my interior from the 05-08 to the new design. Pretty much have an 09 now. Lol. I have the 09 LED tails and the interior.... Only thing left is the back up camera.... It takes a little bit of work but it all works out fine. :top: So here it is peeps. The one and only to do this so far. I was the gunie pig for this one. I didn't even try to put the 09 headrests just because I really didn't like how they looked.

Before

100_2091.jpg

After

100_2093.jpg

Grumpy

Reaction score
What about the door panels and the flux capacitor?

WickedMon

Reaction score
Looks alot more comfortable in the back :top: Did you have to cut anything to make it fit?

X-roller

Reaction score
The 09 don't have a cut out for the speaker.... it was weird.... The flux capacitor was to hard to take out.... And besides I don't have enough amperage coming out of my alternator even with the super small pulley and the brackets wouldn't bolt up to mine....

Looks alot more comfortable in the back :top: Did you have to cut anything to make it fit?

I had to cut the carpet and steal his rear metal piece from where the seats go.... kind of hard to explain it but there is a metal piece that sits underneath the tool box that we need to take out and we need to create holes for the rear seats to sit properly we only have 2 of the 3 holes. It's not that hard but wouldn't recommend it for anyone who hasn't ever taken apart there interior or you will end up breaking parts....

Last edited:

shaX 07

Reaction score
Nice job man, I still want to do this on my truck! Do you have those headrests in your posession or does the other guy still have them?

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
how did you take the back wall off? lookiing good!

its just held in by clips

start from the bottom and pull straight back

be careful up near the baby seat tie down because it wraps behind it and that piece breaks easily

Justin

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
be careful up near the baby seat tie down because it wraps behind it and that piece breaks easily

Justin

That and the bottom corners, they crack if you aren't careful :rolleyez:

X-roller

Reaction score
its just held in by clips

start from the bottom and pull straight back

Justin

That and the bottom corners, they crack if you aren't careful :rolleyez:

Didn't really have an issue with it.... it came off quite easily actually. The main reason I did this to be honest is to get that extra center console. The seats are actually a THOUSAND times better than the piece of would they used to have.... They are actually cushioned pretty well and I wouldn't mind sitting on them.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, what did you do for those plastic pieces right under the headrests? Do they have the notches where the bars from the headrest come up through?

That looks clean like that, I think i may remove my headrests......

X-roller

Reaction score
Yeah.... but as you can see in the pics... you can't see them. They hide behind the hump. :top: That is why I left them off. Some people like them though and to each there own. :biggrin:

Amarillo X

Reaction score
I don't like 09 and up interior but it is better without the flux capacitor:top:

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
i like how the older seats flip down and make a flat backseat! Easier for haulin things back there, pets too! But those headrests sure would be better for when small people or kids ride back there(that's all that can fit) so they don't hit their head on the window at every stop light!

Top Bottom