Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2009 radio in an 05

DCxrunner

Reaction score
Got this bad boy free and so far loving it (you gotta understand my 05 radio CD player was shot)

It say 's Satellite ready, what more do I need to get there?, or can I go with that second input by the antenna
hook up plug in the back and go ipod.

I would post a pic but its already in. So please drop the knowledge folks.

RumRunner

Reaction score
you need an antenna, receiver (or tuner? forgot which one), and subscription.. all found at the dealer or car audio store/website

butters607

Reaction score
Got this bad boy free and so far loving it (you gotta understand my 05 radio CD player was shot)

It say 's Satellite ready, what more do I need to get there?, or can I go with that second input by the antenna
hook up plug in the back and go ipod.

I would post a pic but its already in. So please drop the knowledge folks.

an iphone with pandora radio!!!!!

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I dono about the satellite radio.

The 09+ have a built in antenna, Im assuming the satellite module you buy from toyota (gonna be very expensive too) will plug into the prewired antenna. If you wanna use a "regular" xm antenna its not gonna plug up, you will have to make or find an adapter.

Better off getting aftermarket HU that is satellite ready

X-roller

Reaction score
an iphone with pandora radio!!!!!

Already been done. Ipad... :top: :laugh: Well seems like the questions have already been answered.... I want an 09 radio.... I already have the 09 tails! :top:

DCxrunner

Reaction score
cool, I will see about using the ipod, im trying to go stealth mode to keep thieves out. Also mp3 will be in full swing soon. really enjoying this 09 stockie.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
did you get the headphone jack from a 09 truck too?

DCxrunner

Reaction score
no, but I will keep my eyes open. Stock look is going to be my look for awhile might as well get all the toys that come from factory.

DCxrunner

Reaction score
Hardwire? please fill me in. I see the stock 09 has a place for the stock antenna and I quess the second was meant for the 09 model that came with an antenna for SAT. So can I hardwire the iphone into that and if so what wires, can I use Iphone wires spliced into the 1/8 jack ( Radio shack?)

I would like more info really interested in this if it is possible.

Emilio Vasquez

08x

Reaction score
the satelite you get from the dealer its not in the radio you have to get an extra reciver or something liek that we had one with a new corolla on saturday theres more parts to it that are hiden out of the way

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
To connect to your iphone use this diagram, but instead of using RCA use a headphone jack.

Does that make sense?

auxportkeeper.jpg

XM is not gonna be easy. You need the toyota XM module and an antenna. The XM antenna will plug into the module then the module will have to be wired to the Headunit

DCxrunner

Reaction score
Dam that's simple, I will open up some wires today
dam simple project also . Good looking out.

X-Caliber

Reaction score
we need a write up on how to add an aux jack to our stock HU. :top:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Dont know if it will work on older HU, but those are the pin numbers for the 09-up

made the rca adapter so that i can use the factory 09 plug and connect it to my aftermarket HU, i think i have a write up on that

Top Bottom