Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEWS 2010 Calendar Submissions!

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
LAST DAY TO GET YOUR PHOTOS IN THE CALENDAR!
Time to start scouting XRU for the hottest photos from the past 12 months (or so). I know that I've seen lots of photos posted up just in the past couple months that I thought were calendar worthy, and now is your chance to prove it! Click here to submit your photos!

We'll be accepting Calendar photo submissions until November 10, 2009. At that point, we'll follow up the submissions with 30 days of voting by the users to pick the top 13 photos for next years calendar!

Think you've got one of the best pics of your truck... or maybe even someone elses? The leaves are changing - polish up that beauty and go take some killer pics this weekend. You've got 47 days from today to put together some hot photos for the 2010 XRU CALENDAR!

To submit your photos, just go here and follow the on-screen instructions:
http://www.xr-underground.com/calendar

Attachments

• 2010_calendar_photos.png
    2010_calendar_photos.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,665

Grumpy

Reaction score
Klint, anyway you can move the dead line down may be a week so we can include TexFest (Nov 5-8) pics in the submission?

Thanks in advance:smile:

XrunDan

Reaction score
Am I out of line by requesting that we make the 2010 calenders STRICTLY X-Runners?

I mean no offense to those who have prerunners, or any other Taco, but after all this IS an X-Runner (not general Tacoma) forum.

Just an idea, I do not want to start anything.

BlackCat

Reaction score
Uh ... I guess I'm a little bit of a loss on this one.

Only once in recorded history has a non-X appeared in an XRU calender, and it was flanked by two X's in the pic. As long as an X is in the focus of the pic and as long as any non-X's are owned by XRU members in good standing, is there an issue ?

Jaegermeister

The "Tony Hawk" Guy
Reaction score
:laugh: "Flanked":laugh: I like it

And i agree with the 2nd post, if we could include texfest that would be cool

Super Werty

Reaction score
I know its a time crunch, but you should let us take texfest pics

I dont have any problem with double cab's being in the calendars by themselves. I think the calendar needs a clean engine shot though:top:

Vince77

Reaction score
Just clay bared, and waxing the truck right now. I'll be out to try and get some worthy pics tomorrow.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Klint, anyway you can move the dead line down may be a week so we can include TexFest (Nov 5-8) pics in the submission?

I will extend the submissions until the 10th.

Just clay bared, and waxing the truck right now. I'll be out to try and get some worthy pics tomorrow.

Notes for everyone... make sure you pay close attention to three things - these seem to make or break winning photos:

1. BACKGROUND - don't shoot in front of your house... go find something interesting to park in front of

2. ANGLE - Be creative with your angle (and I don't mean tilting the camera). Take some high shots, low shots, different angles on the truck.

3. WHEEL ANGLE - Make sure your wheels are angled correctly. Straight is usually the safest but if the wheels must be turned usually putting the face of the wheel to the camera is better (in other words you should be able to see the Toyota logo on the wheel in the shot) - check out Tapp's photo in the header for a good example.

Hope this helps! I want to see some bitchin' photos this year. :rock:

RedXr

Reaction score
Dangit Klint dont give so many tips.......sssshhhhhh:laugh:

This is a competition....

Venomous_X

Reaction score
shrug, i dont have any good photographers anywhere near me to do good shots like adrian's.......If i bring my truck to texfest...we need to devote some time to taking the shots...:top:

Gutz

Reaction score
Here are a few.......feel free to photoshop my truck out.....;)

P2100094.jpg

P2160172.jpg

P2100097.jpg

P2100102.jpg

P2160239.jpg

RunnerofX

Reaction score
shrug, i dont have any good photographers anywhere near me to do good shots like adrian's.......If i bring my truck to texfest...we need to devote some time to taking the shots...:top:

there are like at least 6 of us here in h-town that take great pics

Generation-X

Reaction score
Dang......I thought I was the only one so far that really did modding to the projector style lights other then normal black/chrome look....darn

Top Bottom