Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2010 Tacoma Production Info...

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
if they dont make them in 2011 itll just help us retain the value longer....

is-f motor in an x... i just came!!

where the hell is canuckistan and why is it important that the x was discontinued there?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
if they dont make them in 2011 itll just help us retain the value longer....

is-f motor in an x... i just came!!

where the hell is canuckistan and why is it important that the x was discontinued there?

LOL @ canuckistan. It is the friendly neighbor to the north. :top:

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
On the news last night...
The last Tacoma was driven off the line yesterday as well as many worker it was there last day as well. Those who are staying are training to be relocated to other plants....sad day for many.
Here is the story....

http://www.kcra.com/money/22970923/detail.html

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
As of right now...the FJ has the same 4.0 as our Tacoma

That is not a true statement......I have checked out an '09 or maybe it was an '10 FJ Cruiser and the engine was the new 4.0 dual VVT-i. The Tacoma stiil has the old 4.0 VVT-i.:top:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
That is not a true statement......I have checked out an '09 or maybe it was an '10 FJ Cruiser and the engine was the new 4.0 dual VVT-i. The Tacoma stiil has the old 4.0 VVT-i.:top:
Dealers that still have new 2009 models still have the old 4.0L, new 2010 FJ's that are "C" series (model# 4704C) have the new Dual VVT-i.

Xrunner Drifter

Reaction score
The Xrunner will still be made.
We r training as we speak, to make all models at TMMTX.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
whats the difference between the dual vvt-i and the regular vvt-i? i may be dumb for asking that question but im pretty new to toyotas lol. i came from the land of vtec!

Xrunner Drifter

Reaction score
That's the million dollar question....we're waiting for the confirmation that the new Dual VVT-i will be in the 2011 Tacoma.

Hopefully it will be....because I know their are already some things in the making for it:smile:

David as far as know we have trialed the new motor in Tundras.

WCD

Reaction score
whats the difference between the dual vvt-i and the regular vvt-i? i may be dumb for asking that question but im pretty new to toyotas lol. i came from the land of vtec!

Dual vvt-i is on both the intake and exhaust cams. Single vvt-i (like what we have) is just on the intake cam

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
oh nice... makes sense. that should be good for a few more ponies then. gotta get that exhaust outa there as fast as the good air comes in!!

so maybe im dumb again but could we use the cams and the vvt-i controller out of a dual vvt-i motor in our motors?

like i said i came from a land of vtec and its pretty much interchangeable between hondas different motors. i had a 2.2 litre top end mated to a 2.4 litre bottom end and it bolted up nicely. its called a frankenstien or "frank"

2006nightrider

Reaction score
The Xrunner will still be made.
We r training as we speak, to make all models at TMMTX.
I hope so...it hasn't been confirmed to us (dealers) yet.
David as far as know we have trialed the new motor in Tundras.
Good deal, all we really know right now is that you guys are gonna start production back up on the 2011 Tacoma's on 6-28-10.

WCD

Reaction score
so maybe im dumb again but could we use the cams and the vvt-i controller out of a dual vvt-i motor in our motors?

Unfortunately no because Toyota changed the ECU. The ECU controls the actuators so it wouldn't be easy.

Top Bottom