Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2010 Toyota Prius Info (I'm Bored)

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I know since so many of our XRU members drive a Prius:rolleyez:, I would share this info with you die hard hybrid owners:laugh::

--Prius is the undisputed leader in hybrid technology. The new Prius matches and surpasses its iconic predecessor with a bold and dynamic new design, true midsize comfort and convenience, leading-edge technology, and of course, world-class fuel economy. The 2010 Prius brings an EPA-rated 51 MPG city, 48 MPG highway, and 50 MPG combined. It will come very well equipped, including new standard features such as a larger, more efficient 1.8 liter engine, EV/Eco/Power modes, new Touch Tracer Display, driver door Smart Key, an enhanced Multi-Information Display, STAR Safety System, 4-wheel disc brakes, and improved driver seating with adjustable height and telescoping steering wheel, to name a few. Prius continues its simple ordering strategy with only 10 total configurations at launch. The four basic levels, labeled Prius II, III, IV, and V, use an equipment strategy that adds features on top of the prior level, much the same way the 09MY Prius uses option codes. You will find each of these levels has its own unique selling points for the target buyer. We are pleased to announce the very competitive, value-oriented prices below.

Code:
Prius I 1221 Available late 2009 –
Features to be announced later (see below)
$21,000

Prius II 1223 Standard equipment, per above
$22,000

Prius III 1225 Prius II plus JBL audio, Bluetooth phone®,
integrated satellite radio
$23,000

Prius IV 1227 Prius III plus leather trimmed interior, heated front
seats, 3-door Smart Key (and more)
$25,800

Prius V 1229 Prius IV plus 17” alloy wheels, LED headlamps,
and fog lamps
$27,270
The Roman numeral designations keep the focus on the popular Prius brand name, so no grades are necessary. In addition, please note that the Touring grade has been discontinued

In addition, Prius comes with an amazing array of available equipment, some never-before-seen in the midsize segment, including:

Þ A Solar Roof, which in addition to a conventional moon roof, uses solar power to reduce the cabin air temperature when parked, and offers a remote air conditioning system
Þ Dynamic Radar Cruise Control that adapts the vehicle speed to the car ahead
Þ Pre-Collision System that pre-tensions seatbelts and applies brakes if a collision is impending
Þ Lane Keep Assist, which utilizes a camera to measure lane lines and assists the drive with keeping the vehicle in the lane, and
Þ Intelligent Parking Assist, which virtually parks the car for you!

Also available is the new Gen 6 voice-activated touch-screen navigation system with XM NavTraffic® capability and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology, including a backup camera.

Additionally, arriving later this year, the high-value Prius I (model 1221) will become available for sale. This model, priced at only $21,000, will be ideally positioned for the most cost-conscious businesses and consumers. Prius I will come without cruise control, Touch Tracer Display, EV Mode, rear window wiper, and other features to be announced later.

Finally, arriving in fall this year, Toyota’s all-new telematics service, Safety Connect™, will become available on the 2010 Prius. Safety Connect will offer four safety and security features: Automatic Collision Notification, Stolen Vehicle Location, Emergency Assistance Button (SOS), and Roadside Assistance. Safety Connect will be available by subscription, with an included one year trial subscription. Pricing for the service will be announced closer to the Safety Connect launch.

toyota-new-2010-prius-hybrid-photo-01.jpg

2010-toyota-prius-hybrid.jpg

MusTrd

Reaction score
Everything sounds great, except the whole Prius part :rolleyez:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
that sounds pretty bada$$, my gal is wanting to trade her Honda and i put my foot down and said no Prius but these new 2010's i kinda like

morcheez

Reaction score
i wont lie i didnt read any of that just skipped to the picture...after looking at the pic im glad i didnt waste my time reading anything :laugh:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
i wont lie i didnt read any of that just skipped to the picture...after looking at the pic im glad i didnt waste my time reading anything :laugh:
LMAO...It was slow at work this morning, so I figured I would share. I got that email today from Toyota, some of the new features do sound pretty sweet

06ATLBSP

"Snickers"
Reaction score
Dont you have a liquor store parking lot to go get drunk in? :wink:

hahaha... Tell Pocahontas to keep the Honda. Then again, she's gonna look smokin hot in anything, even your Subaru....:biggrin:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
that sounds pretty bada$$, my gal is wanting to trade her Honda and i put my foot down and said no Prius but these new 2010's i kinda like
Dont you have a liquor store parking lot to go get drunk in? :wink:

hahaha... Tell Pocahontas to keep the Honda. Then again, she's gonna look smokin hot in anything, even your Subaru....:biggrin:
ROFL!!! I'm not the one who typed that^^^...Pay attention ignent:top:

But thanks, I'll tell my girl you said that

Top Bottom