Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2011 XR Faint tick noise at idle

Shockey

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a faint ticking noise at idle? The few people i have talked to said it is normal and all the 4.0 motors have the same tick. Its not loud or anything was just wondering. i did drive a 2008 about a year ago truck had 55k on it and i remember it having a similiar noise. Oh my truck has 29k miles.

madtrucker

Reaction score
Mine ticks. I can hear it real good when I'm in line at a drive through next to a wall.

blu xr

Reaction score
i wondered about this myself...

...its not really loud.

Kookla

Reaction score
Mine had the same tick since I bought it a year ago.....
Lol I didn't notice till soon after I got it home and worried the hell outta me!
Thanks to all u guys on this forum, my nerves were put to ease!
Thanks every1!!!

FireB

Reaction score
The tick is normal.
It is more pronounced if you have a wall next to you or a car next to you as the sound gets bounced back.

Mr.X

Reaction score
It's normal. Wait to you have long tube headers, y-pipe, and 3in exhaust that ticking sound becomes a lot more prominent.

Shockey

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies i am super anal about my vehicles and when i first got the truck home it was worrying the shit out of me. Its weird it seems to come and go at times and others its louder and then will get quite. i will just get used to it. Either way i have 100k bumper to bumper warranty on the truck.

Top Bottom