Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2012 X-Runner DROP

x8o8runner2012

Reaction score
Ok so here are my ideas, planning on running the djm front lower control arms, with the xii performance rear mono leaf, with drop blocks.....the only reason why is i am hesitant to run only drop springs especially if i want about a 3/4 inch drop.....planning on going with djm's baby c notch kit as well just to increase suspension travel.....

2012TxNinja

Reaction score
Yes, the suspension parts have not changed so the kits (both XII Performance and DJM) will work for '05-'12. There are pros and cons to everything. ALOT of members here have one or the other so there is a lot of great advice that can be given for you to decide. Including the '12 guys, as we've been selling to them as well as they are now getting enough miles on them to justify mod time!

Of course, you know which one I would pick. LOL

Hahaha "justify mod time" .. Thats a good one. Im always looking for something to mod or buy even when its not on the XR. I just cant help myself

RE_TRD_X808

Reaction score
Ok so here are my ideas, planning on running the djm front lower control arms, with the xii performance rear mono leaf, with drop blocks.....the only reason why is i am hesitant to run only drop springs especially if i want about a 3/4 inch drop.....planning on going with djm's baby c notch kit as well just to increase suspension travel.....

I wouldnt add blocks with the mono leafs. IMO. If your going that route in the rear, its better to go with the steel leafs. With 4”in the rear your going to need the c notch cause you'll be laying on the frame.

Ccaruolo

Reaction score

mono leafs and drop blocks is risky as the mono leaf will likely crack if anything id get the steal leafs but your still looking at over a 4in drop in the rear since the steal leafs give you a 2.25in drop

xrgilly

Reaction score
mono leafs and drop blocks is risky as the mono leaf will likely crack if anything id get the steal leafs but your still looking at over a 4in drop in the rear since the steal leafs give you a 2.25in drop

i believe its 2" for the steels and the mono leafs are 2 .25"

x8o8runner2012

Reaction score
Sweet alright....would you guys prefer just using the oem leafs with maybe a 3-4 inch blocks?

kayo808

Reaction score
Just go djm 3/4 no notch runumhard lol. But foreal though the djm would look way more smood then the other drop cuz its lower. Thats just me though

I<3JDM

Reaction score
(cough *O* cough) airbags..layout the frame :wink:

AbunaiXR

Reaction score
Just go djm 3/4 no notch runumhard lol. But foreal though the djm would look way more smood then the other drop cuz its lower. Thats just me though

you better get a notch on that frame soon before anything bad happens!

kayo808

Reaction score
you better get a notch on that frame soon before anything bad happens!

Lol soon i will. Just waiting on my friend with the templates of his notch and going ask my other friend to make me a c notch

xrgilly

Reaction score
Sweet alright....would you guys prefer just using the oem leafs with maybe a 3-4 inch blocks?

that will work and cost a lot less i my self don't like the idea of running that big of a block
but ill never djm so i don't have any worries

Tunedx

Reaction score
that will work and cost a lot less i my self don't like the idea of running that big of a block
but ill never djm so i don't have any worries

Maybe u will go djm w spacer once u see my x dropped.

808HAWAIIAN

Reaction score
I'm running DJM 3/3 with notch, stock springs, angled steel blocks, QA1's i like the ride a lot better then when i was 3/4

xrgilly

Reaction score
Maybe u will go djm w spacer once u see my x dropped.

not a chance brother i won't get into the driveway at work i just clear now . plus my wife drives it sometimes and like that it clears curbs as it sits

I've seen a couple xrs with djm not my cup of tea if i wanted more low id bag it and thats also not going to happen

triumphx

Reaction score
Does anyone do any towing with the djm drop? Just wondering how much notching the frame would hinder hauling something

Top Bottom